Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weekends ago, i took my focus out to the track. i didn't have time to wash it after, i had to get back to school in sacramento, dad had to go back to work in the bay area. anyway, i had melted rubber behind my left rear wheel, at least i think it's melted rubber.

either way, the next weekend, i came home, but again didn't have much time, i was busy all weekend, so it was just a quick wash to get as much crap off as i could.

any suggestions on how to get the rubber off? when i was washing the car, it felt like it petrified on there or something, i'm very concerned. i also don't have the means or time to get home to properly wash it for at least another week or so. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
how big is this stuff on there? you could try claybar, or take some sort of light lubricant, to penetrate behind the rubber so you can pick it off.

Brent

probably a bad idea, but take a lighter to it, warm it up a little and try and get it off.

brent

·
Registered
508 Posts
try dawn dishwashing soap it might work and a good place to start

·
Registered
446 Posts
That happened all the time with my SHO
It really is tough to get off....use dawn soap and just use some elbow grease. It worked for me on several ocassions. Same thing w/ line paint...dawn works the best, but ya have to pick at that more than anything. The dawn pretty much loosens it up on both applications.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm really concerned with the length of time it's spent on there. thanks for all the suggestions, i'll get at it as soon as i can get home.

·
Registered
358 Posts
OK I have had this problem many times. First thing you need to do is go to Walmart and buy some type of Clay Bar Detailing kit. It will take just about anything off, it has directions on how to use it. After you Clay Bar it you will have to reapply some wax. If you need any further help just email me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts