Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone confirm for sure that another zetec's metal valve cover fits our car?

please be specific if only a certain year or model fits...

there was talk and confusion about this in the pastb ut i don't think there was ever a clear answer?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i have one on mine that it came with...heh

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Check the local Auto Yards for Contours with the Zetec in it.. those might be able to fit..

It kinda seems pretty fricking retarded that the same damn engine in 3 different cars have different valve covers...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Doesn't the early focus have an alum. valve cover. I was looking at Linda's car with Drew and I thought it was alum. That should fit.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i relize that early foci have them but they are hard to come by and no one usually wants to part with them...

I'm looking to find out if possibly a contour zetec valve cover would fit for sure...
if i order one from parts.com for a contour, will it be metal or plastic?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone? I posted on contour.org but they weren't much help

can anyone direct me to a contour parts supplier or anything?
I its only like $70 off of parts.com but I don't want to order it and get a cheap plastic valve cover like i have now

mine is flacking and cracking and I need a new one asap

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
hey drew... i'll give ya $150 and my valve cover for yours

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Originally posted by TooleBox:
hey drew... i'll give ya $150 and my valve cover for yours
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Make you a Deal - You come to the Oct. G2G - We can swap em - You give me the Cashola - You got yourself a deal

- Drew

PS - Please PM me - Dont wanna mess up the thread

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well at least someone got themselves a metal valve cover
j/k

both of you might want to consider buying a new valve cover gasket just incase yours happens to be a bit old and dried up or if it happens to break a bit when your doing the swap

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Originally posted by focus---R:
Doesn't the early focus have an alum. valve cover. I was looking at Linda's car with Drew and I thought it was alum. That should fit.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yep - Ours is Metal

But Erik is asking what other Zetecs have Metal Valve Covers that Fit our Engine.

Sorry man - I really don't know much about C-Tours. Couldn't tell ya - Check Contour.Org you'll find an answer there

drew
fok

·
Registered
42 Posts
what year Foci had the alum valve covers? I bought mine in may of 2000 with a production date of I think Oct'99. Seems like an alum cover...
Didn't the Tours with the Zetec have spark plug wire covers? If so why aren't people getting these from junkyards instead of paying $60+ for an aftermarket one?

[ 09-16-2002, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: halfshark ]

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
A polished one is coming on the market soon!!!

comes with a gasket and a spark plug wire cover.... or you can just buy one piece or the other. Be patient!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Originally posted by TRUenemy00:

What would the people with the older valve cover do if they were to change it? All the people with old contours are completely out of luck?

anyone have any idea's?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">============================================

If it were me; I'd cut a gasket from a sheet of cork and Permatex both sides. Did it for years while building engines and couldn't afford to buy new gaskets every time I had to adjust valves between races.

Bobby

1 - 20 of 34 Posts