Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ZX3 has a manual trans. it has 50000 miles. A few days ago, I noticed a relatively soft, but annoying noise. When I am driving at 30-40 mph, just cruising under no load, I get this metallic rotational noise. Sounds to me like a wheel bearing. Ford replaced the front wheel bearings under ESP-noise is still there. I can't tell which side it it coming from, but seems to be from the front. Once I get going faster, I don't hear it so much due to road and wind noise. I don't think it makes any difference which gear I'm in, maybe it is louder in 4th than 5th. Maybe quieter when clutch is in, but I am really not sure about that. This is not a big thing, but my car was quiet before and I guess I am kind of anal about noises. Any one have any ideas?

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Could be brakes too. Are you running slotted rotors?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I don't have slotted rotors. I rotated the tires and checked them over. No nails, etc. rotation made no difference. I took it to the dealer. They had me go out for a ride with the tech to point it out to him. Tech thinks it is normal, but I can remember exactly when it started doing this. Dealer thought it might be left front wheel bearing, so tehy replaced it. This did not help either. I am usually very good at tracking down this stuff, but I can't find it. This is driving me nuts.
Any more ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts