Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well the hardware is starting to filter in from the UK. My first crack was at the exterior lighting. I finally got the rear LED techno black out tail lamp assemblies, sidemarker front LED's, Philips front fog lamp bulbs, and rear fog lamp lens cover fitted to my RS. The front fog bulbs are a little warmer than I would like, but it's tough to color match HID's with halogens. I think that they all look great! The power products are next on the install list, but first a baseline dyno pull.
Pete

·
Registered
106 Posts
How are you planning on getting around the safety standards and all that import BS?

And what does the ford.mx site mean by a 446 grand price tag.

Very awesome BTW!

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very good.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
How often do you drive the car around? My friend living in Chicago sent me a picture text of a green RS the other day. I can't imagine it being anyone else but you. :lol:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How often do you drive the car around? My friend living in Chicago sent me a picture text of a green RS the other day. I can't imagine it being anyone else but you. :lol:
Probably two weeks a month. So I'm pretty regularly around in it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Mexican Focus RS Mk2 Tuning - Baseline Dyno Run

I took the RS up to Fall-Line Motorsports today to get the baseline dyno run documented before we started the upgrades. Fall line is a very cool racing shop specializing in BMW SCCA and Pro race cars. One of my buddies is one of the owners and a good friend is the cousin of the founder. The RS pulled at almost exactly the factory spec's, so we are not starting in the hole! They had a really sweet all carbon fibre bodied BMW Z3 race car, and although I find that car singularly ugly normally it looked wicked in CF!

Wheel power on the dyno today

298 ft-lbs at 3400 rpm
260 hp at 6000 rpm

Add back the 14% loss through the Powertrain and you have

340 ft-lbs at 3400 rpm
296 hp at 6000 rpm

Which is pretty much right on the nose of the factory spec's for power at the crank

324.5 ft-lbs at 2250 rpm
300 hp at 6000 rpm

Now the work begins on the upgrades...!
Pete

·
Kyle Gave Me His Oklahoma Foot Disease!
11,279 Posts
Wow. That CF Bimmer is quite pretty.

Your car aint looking too shabby there either! Can't wait to see what you do with her.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
The word I am thinking of starts with a J and ends with ealous! :D

Thanks for the continued updates Pete. It's great that you're enjoying the car and not afraid to tinker. :thumbup:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
During one of the last dyno runs after he topped the revs and let off the throttle it made this awesome wot to off-throttle braaaap that was worth the whole trip!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just noticed the 64 Contie in your signature. Nice! And the colors I would go for. Super Nice! Convertible?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
CF BMW is a Z4.. not 3 but w/e haha
You are correct, sorry I have never given them a look or paid attention to them, but this one screams MENACE!

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
pkrehbiel

During one of the last dyno runs after he topped the revs and let off the throttle it made this awesome wot to off-throttle braaaap that was worth the whole trip!

Awesome! Those aural phenomina are especially alluring. :thumbup:

I took the RS up to Fall-Line Motorsports today to get the baseline dyno run documented before we started the upgrades.
Dammit, man! That was on Wednesday! We wanna see pics-O-bits! :p

Mister Pete, sir, I for one am eagerly awaiting news of these tuning results; namely your driving impressions.

Here's hoping the install work doesn't take weeks and that the next time you get to drive it you're out before any snow or too-cold-temps and you take a cross-country sprint using a twisty route. Or whatever. :D

:arr:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I took the RS in for a full set of filter and fluids change at about 1,500 miles. Even though Ford says you don't need to, I know that all engines have a break in period and you want those metal bits and oil out ASAP after break in. Anyway the car came back with gob more of mid-range power, it was really dramatic. It's hard to tear it out of my hands and let it go in for the upgrades.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Then don't! :p

I mean, WHERE DOES IT ALL END? I ask you... (just don't ask Eric. He'd have you attempting 1000 horsepower, that greedy sonofagun)

:lol:

Seriously, why not enjoy the car as it is for now, then wait for deep snow to put it into
the performance enhancement clinic.

:D

Either way, you will please forgive me my armchair quarterbacking your campaign.

Have fun, and please post your impressions as often as is convenient! Thanks, Pete!

:thumbup:

21 - 40 of 76 Posts