Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It felt like a good run and lucky for me my Dad was around to snap some pictures for me.

Three wheels with proof!

He got some other pictures which are pretty good too. Clicky Clicky (56K Warning)
The event was run by the local Corvette club so it was fast and twisty. On the back straight I hit the rev limiter in 2nd just before I got hard on the brakes. It was a test to see just how long I could stay in it. It showed that I really need to work on my down shifting while braking.

Enjoy

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
If it's an Auto-X, **** Downshifting.
I've yet to see a course where 2nd Gear wouldn't cut it after the initial shift from First.
The ONLY Exception is BIG, OPEN Courses which demand that you go to Third, and those are VERY Rare.
The Pics look REALLY Cool.

If you're lifting a wheel, then that at least shows that you're pushing somewhere near the right amount.
The only time you won't get a bit of lift in a Focus On Auto-X is if the course is too Slippery to do anything but slide. If there's Grip, and you're Hustling, She's Coming Up.
Nice Shots.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were 4 spots on the course that required downshifting, well at least for me anyway. They were all hard 90 or 180 degree corners. I guess this picture proves that I'm either pushing hard enough or I've got the suspension working correctly.

I tried LFBraking around some of the long sweepers to correct the car instead of turning in more which really seemed to help. I still need more practice with that as I'm more jabbing at the brake rather than smoothly depressing the pedal.

I know that I'm still leaving quite a lot of time on the course about 3-4 sec, if I can just find that then I'll really be completive. I finished 5th in class out of 9 people at this weekends event, but I'm still stuck in the top FWD class.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Hmmm...I didn't think that car could look any better. But up on three wheels it does.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks it just looks pretty silly with those little 15's on it.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
No it doesn't.
Didn't you catch that thread that showed that Eastern Euro Spec Focus Series?
IIRC they ALL had 15's, and they certainly didn't look out of place.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
well, at a show 15s might look funny, but when you are racing, there's nothing that looks silly, as long as its functional. Hell If putting a condom on your antenna would lower your times, I'd do it. (Heck, i might just do it anyway for laughs at the next event.)

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Hell If putting a condom on your antenna would lower your times, I'd do it.
it doesn't lower your times and simply makes my antenna less sensitive......but that's just me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts