Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm just gonna throw this out there casually but I know there are a good number of members in Michigan so I'm interested to see how many MI peeps would be interested in putting together a small casual meet this spring or summer? I know there are a few guys in the Zoo area and Grand Rapids, I'm in Mt. Pleasant, and I know there are a number in the metro Detroit area.

So who would be interested in doing a meet somewhere like Lansing thats a relatively equal drive for everyone? Again I'm talking about just a casual weekend get together for some pics, food and conversation. If there are enough people interested in getting together then we should collaborate and nail down some details. :thumbup:

EDIT:

UPDATE!!!!!

So the following has been determined.

Date: Saturday May 24th
Place: RiverFront Bar and Grille (325 City Market Dr, Lansing, MI 48912)
Time: 12 noon

We will meet at Riverfront for some grub and **** chat, and then we can do some cruising for pics and what not. There is a park only a few miles from the restaurant that we can line up at and we can take some pics and check out the cars. If weather is not favorable then we can come up with ideas on the fly at Riverfront. ( I know there are some parking garages on the north side of campus but they cost a few bucks but its an idea ill throw out now).

Here are the directions for that from Riverfront to the park.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/42....3df05d41a6734!2m2!1d-84.529758!2d42.69212!3e0

· Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know. Depends on what people want to do. I'm open to suggestions but right now it's just seeing who is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,213 Posts
im up for anything really. Any good, non-chain, food places in Lansing?

· Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a bunch of stuff in Lansing. Not sure if you are familiar with the town bit it's home for MSU. So lots of stuff.

· Registered
1,213 Posts
I mean I have lived in Michigan all my life, so kinda. But I have never really been to lansing for much, so idk whats there other than MSU and the capital.

· Registered
1,213 Posts
Does late April sound like a good time? far enough into warmness that summer tires will be on and snow should be mostly gone, but not far into summer yet. Leaving time for more meets.

· Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well end of April and first week of May I have finals but maybe mid may? Would that work?

· Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gotcha. Ok. Well we just gotta get the word out and so people will come.

· Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I think I might PM some guys on here to let me know what's up

· Registered
298 Posts
I'd be interested in a mid May meet. I need to do some work on my car so that would give me time once it warms up a little

· Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome. Spread the word to see who's interested

· Registered
1,213 Posts
It's been quite a few years since I've been to a MI Focus meet so I'm down to meet some new people and see some old faces.
Hey! I'm in kzoo. We could meet up for breakfast at Studio Grill before heading out!

· Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking at the calander I'm suggesting either the weekend of the 17th or 24th.

· Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think I'd be in for a meet. If the svt is still down I'll just bring the x (or whatever other car I have at the time)
Sweet. Get r done man!

· Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright so Andrei says he'd be down too so that brings the total interest pool to...5. :|

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.