Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend here who says these filters add like 2-3 horsepower for our Zetec motors, somthing about putting the filter close to the firewall where a vacuum exists will ease the ability to suck in air...and he says its cool too.

How much do these AEM kits cost? and do I have to get it in Red? Oh well the filter looked awfully small to me for good flow purposes....

I have a pic of his engine bay....

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
thats the breather filter right? no way even a 2L engine could breathe out of that tiny thing! and if it is the breather filter, it doesn't add any horsepower and where you place it means nothing.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Originally posted by Sir_Gawain:
I have a friend here who says these filters add like 2-3 horsepower for our Zetec motors, somthing about putting the filter close to the firewall where a vacuum exists will ease the ability to suck in air...and he says its cool too.

How much do these AEM kits cost? and do I have to get it in Red? Oh well the filter looked awfully small to me for good flow purposes....

I have a pic of his engine bay....

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">First, you're "friend" is having you on.

Second, how many people do you think are gonna believe that you're actually serious?

·
Registered
155 Posts
that's one of the funnier things i've seen lol, I don't think that could provide enough air for my lawn mower

[ 11-29-2002, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: mick_9 ]

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
DUDE, it works i replaced my volant with the apc mini filter i smoke the tires in 3rd

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by Smoe:
DUDE, it works i replaced my volant with the apc mini filter i smoke the tires in 3rd
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">teh dyno?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's one of the funnier things i've seen lol
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey man...I dont understand what a breather is, thats all. Wouldnt that be a intake? I am used to seeing those chrome air breather setups on older cool cars....

Anyway what could i ask him to see if he is lying? Is there any info about the z tech engine that he might not know?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Smoe:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">teh dyno?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
^^^^^^ ROTFLMGDFAO

[ 11-30-2002, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: all2envyZx3 ]

·
Registered
99 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> that's one of the funnier things i've seen lol
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey man...I dont understand what a breather is, thats all. Wouldnt that be a intake? I am used to seeing those chrome air breather setups on older cool cars....

Anyway what could i ask him to see if he is lying? Is there any info about the z tech engine that he might not know?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">To see if he is lying, take a look under the car just behind the front bumper on driver side, you will probably find the real air filter

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> that's one of the funnier things i've seen lol
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Anyway what could i ask him to see if he is lying? Is there any info about the z tech engine that he might not know?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Umm, one last thing. Zetec, ZETEC. Not Z tech...

By the way, you can see where the breather filter should be. There is a hose sticking off the back of the valve cover on the right hand side. There should be a filter on the end of that hose. However, that hose should be a few inches long, not the couple of feet it would take to get that breather where it is in that picture.

I still say that there is something fishy about this pic...

[ 11-30-2002, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: blkfocus ]

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Yet another useless waste of bandwidth and my time.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by blkfocus:
Yet another useless waste of bandwidth and my time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">0wn3d by Z TECH

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
blkfocus is jealous he dont have my dyno

300lb ft at idle

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes its all bullcrap, i was just havin some fun..you like the z-tech crap, i tried to be totally stupid about the whole thing, i just used the AEM breather hose to route it over there..i diodnt want it flopping around like most people do...me played stuupd and u mans liked et...

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Hey Rob, what u saying bout my Whats your favorite threads? I dont see 18 threads in 30 minutes a waste of bandwidth, lol

PS when u gonna hook up the NAWWWWWWWWWs to your new filter

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont see it as a waste of bandwith and time...do you really weant to open a can of worms with me on wastes of bandwith? I will pull all these posts out about stupid stuff and compare..

At least mines entertaining
HAHAHAHAH HOLY SH*T thats hilarious omg hahahahaa
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Some of our other FJ bretheren arent so "good" with their bandwith conserving... Lay off guys, and go out and read some other posts about favorite this and thats....or possibly about your new Focus pics (oh yeah the new mod being Tinted windows or somthing)

Enjoy,

Robert

It was a joke, enjoy it..if not oh well im sorry.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts