Ford Focus Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
Take no offence to this please, but
It doesn't seem like there is much promotion going on for this. the forum is buried down here where only a small group of the forum members look regularly.

Maybe it should be placed up top like the JF2 forum was then maybe it will catch the attention of the people that don't care to race but want to come with their car and meet everyone and support our beloved little car.
There just isn't a buzz about it like there was for JF 2 or FOTB.

I know its not meant to be as big but still. Down here I am certain its not getting much attention.

Obviously I don't know what all is going into it or if there are outside promotions, but this is just my opinion as an outsider. I will be at the event FJ presence or not but I would LOVE to see a big focus presence as well!

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The number of planned activities has been scaled back. Capaldi Racing was going to be spending a lot of money on this event and I don't think it's fair for them to do so if only 20 cars are going to show up.

However, there still is going to be all the great on-track action and several hardcore Focus enthusiasts in attendance.

So, I hope that everyone that is within driving distance will still show up because it's going to be a great time to meet other Focus enthusiasts from the area and see some great on track Focus action!

Just because there won't be a car show, etc. doesn't mean it's not going to be a good time. :D And anyway, when more than a couple of Focus enthusiasts get together you know it's going to be a party! :party:

Hope to see you there. :thumpup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
myself and two friends may go, I am the only foci in the pack though, so two or three people, one fo fo.

·
Registered
128 Posts
count me in on this one

·
9,347 Posts
Saturday or Sunday most likely. I doubt, many people will run on friday. I am not sure which day will be better for stationary cars :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
To make this event happen we need some people to help LCRacing / Ford Racing.
Does anyone want to sign up PM me.

1 Car Show needs a leader / Local Club / group to help put this on if we want it to happen?

2 Ride A - longs ( offer rides in HPDE 3-4) Any other people racing in HPDE that would offer rides.

Car 1 Ride along - LCRacing
Car 2 ???
Car 3 ???

3 Technical Sessions / Q&A ( I had a couple speakers offer if some one wants to find more and take care of it at the track)

4 Need person to lead the Focus owners to do parade laps during lunch.

Track dinner Party ( LCRacing will supply )

·
Look under the curve... UNDER THE CURVE!
3,134 Posts
Leo, I have been meaning to call and follow up with you, but haven't yet.:eek:

I'm willing to help out where ever I can, unfortunately, I won't be able to show up until probably 3-3:30 both afternoons (and later on Friday, if we're doing anything), which will pretty much make me worthless for organizing a car show or leading parade laps:(.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I'll put my other Forza in the car and give ride-a-longs in an almost race car. I also have EMS strobe lights and previous Pace Car Experience, if it doesn't conflict with lunch or instructing I'll lead or let someone else drive my car and lead the Parade Laps.

·
9,347 Posts
Pardon my n00bness but what is a coral?

·
9,347 Posts
That changes nothing :lol:

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.