Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey mike... have you finished the ATX program yet? I will be coming from tampa to Tom's Dyno day mid Nov and would like to buy one of your chips and install it while tuning my gears to see the gains. If you are close to finishing and can have a chip done for PCM Code LDC8 I'll happily be the test car (and pay for the chip)

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Dont think that the ATX will be ready in time but i will tell mike to look at this post

The GTG is Nov.16 go to the North Carolina room and it tells about it there

tom

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike, any word on when you will have a chip for the ATX? there is plenty of business out there to be had, especially w/ all the new tranny upgrades coming out, I'll be the 1st to sign up!

·
Registered
157 Posts
ATX is near completion. Mike Wesley has actually tuned one with early version, but is not releasing it yet. I will get it as soon as it is ready and post confirmation here.

Mike

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mike, I called you about a month ago about the
chip for an automatic. I saved some vacation
time to get this done, so you will here from me
as soon as you say you have it.

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Mike is very close ,1 to 3 weeks

you see i didnt say 2 weeks there

realy tho he is very close

i will tell him you asked

tom

·
Registered
987 Posts
Tom please do
cause soon as it's ready, Wolff is done with their tranny my car is being shipped to you for some tuning

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shiva, They claim to have better tranny efficiency. BUT... here is the catch... all these places claim this and claim that about their tranny upgrades, yet NOONE is using one on a car powerful enough to PROVE results. Tom has hammered them w/ questions and they seemed to have danced around the answers to him. When I called level ten, all they could tell me is that they would "bulletproof" my entire tranny for $3200, but when i started asking them some more in depth questions, every answer became one of these... "well... hypothetically, if you were pushing x amount of power this and that"

I'll believe it when I see it proven on the track and on the dynojet, but im definately not throwing out $3200+ for a load of empty promises.

As for wolff racing, they just fell off the face of the earth... kinda shady if you ask me

[ 12-19-2002, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: TooleBox ]

·
Registered
997 Posts
please check your PM's mike!!

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
yeah, all these pipe dreams from these other companies...anyone putting something out with facts behind it????

·
Registered
987 Posts
guys you might wanna contact Wolff Racing in general about the tranny

but anyways I contacted Tom about the chip and to his knowledge it was still not completed.....Nor a time frame of when it would be completed was given.....

anyone with an Auto might as well give up

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Never give up thats crazy ,,we are working on it it just takes time

Mike is buisy with work but still spends as much time as he can trying to keep the Focus tuned and he is still working on the ATX IT WILL COME OUT

tom

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im nowhere near giving up... but i am definately going to need a chip here in the very near future. I was just hoping that it wasnt going to have to be a diablo or super

1 - 20 of 29 Posts