Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the FS Race header and my question is if I need to order the MIL-Eliminator and if so how many? Thanks

·
Registered
970 Posts
yes you will need to get one. you will need one, it goes on the spot coming out of cylinder 1. i think.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
The MIL eliminator goes into the second o2 sensor. It fools the PCM into thinking the Cat is still there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool.. thanks for the info guys. I forgot all about the eliminator until my friend said something about it. Now the question is which does sound obvious, but still need to ask. After installing the header can I go back and put the cheater in when it comes? I'm going to order the mil-eliminator tonight and my header comes in tomorrow morning and this weekend is the only time i can do it.. (job, night and afternoon classes during the week). Thanks again

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Yes, You can install it later, but be sure and disconnect the battery before installing so as to clear the PCM.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again..So the cheater goes into the first 02 sensor (one from the cat)

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
The MIL eliminator goes into the second o2 sensor. It fools the PCM into thinking the Cat is still there.
No, the second sensor, the one that would be after the cat.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok.. I just got my 02 cheater in yesterday. I tried to put in the cheater on the second o2 sensor(green harness's) and the cheater does not fit It fits from the harness on the car, but when I try to connect it into the cheater from the oxygen sensor it's a little off. So then I tried to put into the first 02 sensor (blue) and the harness all connected. Do you think that my mil-elimnator was assembled wrong.. or for some reason do I have to mismatch the harness
green---o2 cheater---blue harness? Help cause my CEL came back on after 25 miles of driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts