Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any mielage numbers for a car with D-power stage 1 installed?
thanks
-Todd

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think he meant the mileage. Well I have Cosworth Level 2, and the mileage is about the same, but it's hard to take it easy when you have that much power

·
EAT MORE CORN DAMNIT!!!!
3,070 Posts
I think he meant the mileage. Well I have Cosworth Level 2, and the mileage is about the same, but it's hard to take it easy when you have that much power
Same here... although I am still waiting on my cam install....

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
What is 'Forbidden Doughnut'?

Welcome to [FJ].

I would think that the installation of just Cosworth's intake, CAI and ECU reflash (d-Power Level 1)would not improve mileage efficiency so much as be the foundation for d-Power Level 2.

One man will know for sure: T3h P3l0t10nM4n.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is 'Forbidden Doughnut'?

'Forbidden Doughnut' is a reference to the Simpsons episode
where Homer sells his soul for a Donut.

I certainly did not expect the kit to improve fuel economy, but I was curious as to what degree it would be impaired.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Ahh, thanks for the explanation.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
ummm just extrapolating from the torque curve here, but it would not surprise me if Dpower stage 1 had significantly better fuel economy than stock.

my reasoning? Torque is a measurement of basically the force of each individual explosion. The torque is lower on the level 1 across the board compared to stock. This means the force of the explosion is smaller. THe main factors controlling the force (that we have to worry about) are fuel and air. Assuming the AFR isn't too different, that means that the level 1 kit will use less fuel each revolution, which means less fuel at a given speed, which means higher MPG.

*shrug*

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
One man will know for sure: T3h P3l0t10nM4n.
Actually, I don't drive slow enough to share worthwhile mileage figures.
I hardly ever use 5th gear and I rev out 2nd and 3rd too much because, well... it makes me happy.

On Saturday morning I drove from LA to Monterey and I had to stop for fuel after covering just over 200 miles on a full tank.
That doesn't speak well for the fuel economy, but again its how you drive it that matters.
On the way home I got nearly 300 miles out of the tank, but that tank included the last leg of my trip up there, mileage in/around Monterey, and I was pushing it quite a bit on the way home too. That ~600 mile drive was the only long distance run I have really done in the car - most of my regular mileage doesn't involve much highway driving.

If I drove at a more moderate pace, I'm certain that 30mpg+ on the highway is entirely possible.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
If it's producing more tq though you could run the engine at less load. So, I'm gonna guess the greater tq to load ratio the better the mileage.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Actually, I don't drive slow enough to share worthwhile mileage figures.
I hardly ever use 5th gear and I rev out 2nd and 3rd too much because, well... it makes me happy.

>8^)
ER
I know what you mean
It's addicting sometimes. Speaking of miles per tank, the best that I got is 315 miles for a full tank, and that was a combination of normal and fun driving.

·
Banned
2,115 Posts
Drew AKA focus owner skid said that the more you uncork the cars the better gas millage you will get, It breathes better with d1 and d2 so I assume if you drove like before you had the packages that you would see an improvement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts