Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever the fifth injector kicks on my engine bogs down and doesn't want to go anywhere.
It kind of sputters, I think I am getting to much gas. I just installed it today and I have some other questions. The installation instructions were a little misleading when doing all the vacuum stuff. Does the vacuum port on the aerocharger turbo run to the switch? I ask this because it seemed like I only got 5 psi when i flipped the switch either way. Is the port supposed to vent into the atmosphere or back to the intake manifold? A detailed report would be great. If you guys can give me any help, I would greatly appreciate it!
By the way-AC3 with 2000 mani.

·
Registered
997 Posts
sucks bro! i hope you get it all sorted out. call me if you need anything

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve! I will chat with you later. Maybe I will bring it by.
If i get it running right.

·
Registered
997 Posts
tightness man best of luck. hope someon here can set you straight.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
First of all, which kit do you have?

At 5psi, I was getting overfueled around 4000rpm, and it was so rich it would stumble. This was on a 5psi non-intercooled setup. I increased boost to 7psi, and the stumble went away.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
The vacum line from the vane actuator on the turbo goes to the switch.

The switch has 2 positions. Closed and open.

When the switch is closed, boost signal vents out the bleed jet on the vane actuator housing only - giving about 5 or 6 pounds of boost with the factory bleed jet in the vane actuator housing.

When the switch is open, boost signal vents out the bleed jet on the vane actuator housing, but signal pressure also vents out through the switch. How much bleeds out the switch depends on the size of the bleed jet orifice you have installed in the side of the switch.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Check your spark plug gap. When Lidio was tuning my car today I had a misfiring issue that was resolved with a gap of .028, instead of my .036. He said it was blowing the spark out, maybe that's your problem...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts