Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damnit, i hate when this happens, when i have it, sometimes i hate it, but when its gone for more than a few days, i start missing it.

Its in Tehachapi right now, a guys shop who does stuff with/for Focus central, and is getting a fairly beefy overhaul.

New tranny, with all new gears, syncros, 4.06 final drive, flywheel, act clutch, diff, new 2002 shift linkage, the works.

Up top, its getting a new head with a custom cam setup hand chosen from crane
thanks to much reasearch and testing by myself and nader, new valves, springs/titanium retainers, major headwork, milled .040, and some other extras. Down the street the front rs bumper is in the shop again getting resprayed and hopefully a new svt focus header fitted if all works out as planned.

Shooting for a fairly easy 160whp and still around 145ft/lb of torque, and for now, all N/A, gotta love these unefficient stock engines

oh, and a new polished gas cap kit, should be good for a nother 5whp...

Damn, alot of it is just fixing up work, but has very quickly drained alot of the turbo funding away, so gotta set focus on that again.

But i cant wait to get it back, i havent truly enjoyed that car ever since 2nd and 3rd gear took a dump over a month ago, ouch....

[ 09-27-2002, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Damn Naz, can you hook a brotha up, you have to be gettin some hot deals to afford that. Good job

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
he's a man-whore!
j/k, naz. wish I had the fundage that you do... but then again I work for my parts

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work for my parts
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">guess i just work a little harder

5 college course and still fitting in a few good work days back at Kraft foods

Did i mention the $700 check i had to write for books and tuition last week? Ouch, thats like a quaife

·
Registered
997 Posts
well man......summer has come and gone, and i had hoped to see your turbo wishes and caviar dreams come true.....but alas

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:

Did i mention the $700 check i had to write for books and tuition last week? Ouch, thats like a quaife
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">heh. yeah. twas about $3500 a semester over here for 8 semesters. mmmm..... (looks at really expensive piece of paper)

about the car man. awesome.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'm guessing your leaning away from a turbo? cause you are just wasting your time and money if you are buying cams and having your head milled. unless you plan on putting the stock head and cams back on when you get the turbo.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Originally posted by CTZX3:
cool naz. i also have that Crane setup too

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">is this the st3 intake and st2 exhaust cam combo or something else? Or do i need security clearance to be priveliged with such knowledge?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
May I ask what made you decide to get the SVT header over the FC header?
I'm planning on picking up a FC header this week but this struck my curiosity...

sounds like a nice setup your going to have...i guess like everyone else is wondering, is the turbo plan forgoten?
or are you waiting for Jon to make a new setup o you can buy his old one? hmmmm?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts