Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with the MM CAI upper tube replacement delay? I do not know if anyone has brought this up lately as I have been tending to my other car project.

I have sent numerous emails to MM with no response, called and only get the 'out of office' message. Am I the only one concerned that it has taken almost 3 months to get a new pipe?

Walter, are you there?

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
<rant>I don't know why you guys insist on bitching about it all the time. Give the man a call. If you get an "out of office" message, call back later. I tell every person that bitches about it to call and then they post and say "Oh, I finally got a hold of him and blah blah blah." As far as I know, it's him and sometimes aero in the shop. Not a whole lot of other people there. So you've got one or two guys doing all the ordering, shipping, fabricating, designing, installing and pooping in the entire freaking shop. Quit bitching, keep trying the phone. The dude is busy, as would anyone in his shoes trying that hard to design and install parts that we can all use. </rant>

If you hadn't heard from one of your parents for a while, would you go on a Forum and bitch about it, or would you keep trying to call them until you found out everything was ok.

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
Ya know Mievil, that's not fair. I have the greatest respect for Walter Marcy & what he does for our community. But this is common business sense & customer relations. Walter Marcy is known to be horrible with delivering product & communications on time.

I understand he's the ONLY man behind the curtain working miracles, but you can't expect to keep people waiting for months without having them bitch about it. Walter deserves every ounce of praise he gets... unfortuneatly, he also earns every complaint about delays of product delivery.

Maybe it's a tough business model, maybe it's a shoe-string budget; I don't know. But if he's stretched THAT thin he obviously needs some help around the shop. That's a business problem that needs addressing.

·
8,054 Posts
Fair.......maybe yes, maybe no. I for one have never had an issue with MM. I have always had my questions answered within a time frame I feel is suitable. If I ask a question online, it is in regards to something he has posted about already. If it is not something I feel was addressed, I call. And I get an answer. And I get the product I ordered and I am pleased with it.

If you really dig through this site, 90% of it is crap. You've got about 10% of legitimate posts, and the other 90% is pure garbage. I'm not excluding myself from any of that by the way. In all honesty, if I was a sponsor that provided Focus parts, lets even say Duratec parts, I would come onto the site only to post new findings, or new deals. Why should I dig through a bunch of bs posts to see what people are saying and when they are saying it. I shouldn't. If a customer wants to direct something at me, they should call me. Plain and simple. That's my point of view. Whether or not Walter shares this point of view, no one may ever know. But why would anyone address a company, or a company address a customer directly, if there was something not exactly right in the ordering process. It would be retarded on both ends for that to happen. Look at the FocusSport Forum. If someone has a problem, one of the reps, if not Randy himself, only writes "Please call the shop" as a response. That's what should be done. If you have a problem, call the source. BAT has been a sponsor for moons and see how many posts a representative from that site has. ZERO. No questions answered, no deals, no statements, no nothing. If you have a question for BAT, you call them. If you have a problem with BAT, do you bitch about it here, or do you call a customer service rep? I bet I can guess that answer. Not every sponsor has the want or even need to post on this forum. Not every sponsor has the want or need to even come on the forum and look around. But they sponsor the site and that is great, because without them, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. So let's look at this in simplitude. You call the shop. He's busy putting in 30 people's cams, and tuning and dynos, and whatthehellever. So you get a voice mail. Why in all honesty would you not call back? If your part is so GD important for you to have right this freaking instant, continue to place those calls. Chances are, sooner or later, he'll be coming out of the crapper with just enough time to answer the GD phone.

Is it fair for the customer, not necessarily. Is it fair to talk mad crap about any person or business on this site. Not necessarily. If you have a problem, go to the source. Don't go to a third party who doesn't give a crap about your problems. If I sat here and talked crap about OREO (just as an example) and made a post only for that reason, I guarantee it would be locked, if not deleted.

The case is simple. I only know of one person who bitches about the quality of MM product. And he bitches about everything, so whatever. Anyway, the quality is obviously on the good end. Everyone seems to have this huge problem with communication, and as you stated, it is a known issue. If you as a consumer, know of an issue, and don't want to deal with it, why would you send your money out. You wouldn't. You would go buy something else. So quit bitching about the fact that you chose to go the route you did. And bitch instead about the fact that you knew of a nail on the floor, and you stepped on it on purpose. Quit making a public statement about how everytime you call, you get a message, and instead of making that post, pick up the phone and try again.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Just keep on trying, Walter makes good on his stuff, he's just one guy though....

Which is why I always ask for something in stock. I'm not going to spend big dollars on something that MIGHT be done on time or not. I'm one of the more patient people out there, but waiting for something i've already paid for is not a good business practice.

3 months? Unless its a house or a custom engine block, its far too long to wait. I wait about 3-4 weeks before I start reversing the charges...
-bix

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yea you usually have to wait for parts...it's a Focus, not popular, volumes are low.......

What I found out it usually worth waiting for, just be patient. Basically the less we call MM faster he'll brew up something cool that everyone will go nutz about. Poor guys spends roughly 75% of his time answering our stupid questions and he still manages to do R&D and occasional Cam installation.

From my experience Walter really knows what he is doing, so just wait untill Focus will be on par with Honda and you'll be able to get all your parts overnight.

Its worth the wait!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the discussion so far.

Now, its my turn. I am not bitching. I am stating facts. I purchased the CAI months ago and luckily got a hold of Walter back then. He advised that email was the way to go. Well, guess what? He has not replied to one of them. I have called many times and outside of the very first time I got a hold of him to report the issue, I have not had anymore luck (talk about a run on sentence).

I believe we all understand his situation and totally respect his expertise. But taking this long to make good on something is just poor business.

So, MIEVEL, why are you so defensive of Walter? Not trying to start anything, but just curious as to why you replied so strongly in his defense?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MIEVEL,

I just reread your earlier response. Don't bother to answer my questio I asked you, as I see that you already went to the nth degree and went as far as referencing complainers to me.

Feel free to look up all of my posts. I have never once made a complaint. I am concerned with the extended time it is taking Walter and the fact that he was not responded.

Pleae reread my original post. It was short and inquisitive. No more; No less.

Peace

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
A second thought:

You could call it tough love.

I used to work a lot of retail jobs. We always had a saying, "When the customer STOPS complaining THEN you've got a problem." Because when the complaining stops, the customer has taken their business somewhere else.

Name one other business on this planet you would drop $200 & wait 3 months, STILL not know when you're going to get your product, and decide to keep waiting??? Many here on FJ do this with Walter because we love his products & what he adds to the community.

The bitching about it though, is part of the deal if you keep people waiting like that. Maybe Walter has done the analysis to find that his business could not be more successful by hiring a couple people to help with production & office work. If so, then he'll live with the bitching. If not, then he'll HAVE to live with the bitching till the problems get solved. It's just the way the world turns.

·
8,054 Posts
MIEVEL,

I just reread your earlier response. Don't bother to answer my questio I asked you, as I see that you already went to the nth degree and went as far as referencing complainers to me.
I have no idea what you are talking about "referencing complainers."

Pleae reread my original post. It was short and inquisitive. No more; No less.

Peace
I did read the post before I responded the first time. I maintain what I said. I am defensive about Walter just as much as I would get defensive about any other company that sponsor's this site, save one. Why do I get involved in all of them......because it's the exact same complaint over and over. And in my eyes, this forum is not the place for anyone's gripes about any person or company.

I don't want you to think I am jamming on you personally. I'm jamming everyone that has made these posts (and I extend the same offer to you to look them up), with the exact same complaints, in the exact same manner. I feel if anyone should have a problem (whether it is delivery of product, or payment, or whatever) that the person/people involved should be the one's discussing it. It should not be on the boards for 14000 people to read. If it's so much of an issue that you think the site is suffering from that particular sponsor, it should be brought to Ron's attention. If it's not that big of a deal, pick up the phone and call the company involved.

·
Banned
2,018 Posts
You guys sure defend the dude a lot, just because of his posts on FJ. Tell you what if I ever did order a product from him there wouldn't be 'slack' just because he posts on a forum I do. And since he DOES post here, and people give him soooo much slack, I'd sure as heck post here if I had a problem... AND I'd try to get ahold of him. Which is exactly what the original poster has done.

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
If you've ever dealt with him he's a great guy. I think he has a lot of integrity- I trust him with my money. His products are cutting-edge inovative, & high quality. It's just that he keeps people waiting WAY TOO LONG. I can't help but think how much his sales revenue would increase if he could reliably deliver product on a much shorter time frame. That's a problem he needs to work on.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did read the post before I responded the first time. I maintain what I said. I am defensive about Walter just as much as I would get defensive about any other company that sponsor's this site, save one. Why do I get involved in all of them......because it's the exact same complaint over and over. And in my eyes, this forum is not the place for anyone's gripes about any person or company.

I don't want you to think I am jamming on you personally. I'm jamming everyone that has made these posts (and I extend the same offer to you to look them up), with the exact same complaints, in the exact same manner. I feel if anyone should have a problem (whether it is delivery of product, or payment, or whatever) that the person/people involved should be the one's discussing it. It should not be on the boards for 14000 people to read. If it's so much of an issue that you think the site is suffering from that particular sponsor, it should be brought to Ron's attention. If it's not that big of a deal, pick up the phone and call the company involved.

[/QUOTE]

Mievel, I do not take it personally. You know why? Because you are acting like a politician. The reasoning you are using in Walter's defense, with my specific situation, is unjustified. As a consumer and businessman, there is no defending this situation. This is not about Walter, the person, it is about his business practices. I do not know why you cannot seperate the two.

I do appreciate all of the posts that do offer suggestions as this is the best approach to any issue that needs resolution.

BTW mievel, I have made many attempts by email and phone to contact Walter; which in your ranting is something you recommed. Unfortunately, when one gets absolulely no response, then there is no way that two party's can come to a resolution.

As I stated before, I have never bitched. Not in this thread or any other.

Cheers.

·
8,054 Posts
Mievel, I do not take it personally. You know why? Because you are acting like a politician. The reasoning you are using in Walter's defense, with my specific situation, is unjustified. As a consumer and businessman, there is no defending this situation. This is not about Walter, the person, it is about his business practices. I do not know why you cannot seperate the two.
Yep, I'm running with Christopher Walken for president. This doesn't involve politics, it involves ethics. I can "seperate the two" as you stated, and as I stated, I would defend just about any one of the sponsor's or the people on this site and say the exact same thing over again. If you have a problem with someone, take it up with them. Whether it is business or personal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are a character.

Speaking of ethics, to say that you "would defend just about any one of the sponsor's or the people on this site ..." without taking into consideration the situation is UNethical. It seem that you should crack open the dictionary more often.

It is quite amazing that after all of my responses, that you do not seem to understand that I would like to take it up with Walter as you have suggested. Unfotunately, I have tried in many ways (email and phone). As a final resort, I am now trying by using FJ, as he can normally be found here.

Cheers!

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
You know, if I had a problem with Sears or Macy's & after many attempts to resolve it with representatives of the company I had still gotten no satisfaction, I might consider writing a local news-paper about the situation.

If I had problems with an Ebay vender, I'd post negative feed-back.

And if I had problems with any of our sites sponsors, I'd post about it here. Nothing unethical about that. Bad press tends to get results.

The idea is to make the complaints loud enough that the problem gets solved, and ultimately the business becomes more effective, and stronger. It's a good thing.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Why did you have to send a pipe back?
I have the mm cai and waited a while to get it and love it, but haven't had any problems with it.

- Moose

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Many of the pipes mounting tabs were not correctly oriented when welded. This renders the pipe unuseable as it will not seal to the rubber neck. This lack of seal allows air to enter at that slip joint.

·
8,054 Posts
You are a character.

Speaking of ethics, to say that you "would defend just about any one of the sponsor's or the people on this site ..." without taking into consideration the situation is UNethical. It seem that you should crack open the dictionary more often.

It is quite amazing that after all of my responses, that you do not seem to understand that I would like to take it up with Walter as you have suggested. Unfotunately, I have tried in many ways (email and phone). As a final resort, I am now trying by using FJ, as he can normally be found here.

Cheers!
If you really want to discuss ethics, I will do it quite freely with you through pms. If you want to challenge dictionary terms, then feel free, but as this has nothing to do with any power or influence (you have already done what you have done, I just told you how to do it to get the best results) then the word politics was incorrect also. But alas, when did this turn into an English lesson.

Yes, I do completely understand that you have supposedly exhausted yourself by using every other method possible to try to get this situation rectified. But go ahead and take the time and call him again instead of taking the time to post another tack on to this thread. Just like I originally stated and will continue to state. Quit griping about it in a public forum and call him up. Then everytime you want to reply to something regarding this again, take that 2 minutes, and pick up the phone again. And since you seem to miss my point as much as you think that I miss yours, if it is that huge of an issue, get a hold of Ron. I was just telling you the entire time to pick up the phone (again) and call him, as that is how everyone that is in your situation gets results.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts