Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
called new edge, outta stock for about a month, what other intakes are just as good and should be in stock???

just my luck, call around all morning for rims, most of the ones I wait are on back order

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Re: MM intakes out if stock, what other intakes do you reccomend

i'd go Marcy or FS (no particular order)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

I don't know. I still have my stocker

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

aslo have you tried getting ahold of Walter himself?

he sends a batch out to Tony, but he sells seome himself.

·
Registered
530 Posts

honestly... they're all bringing back about the same results. go with ANY of the ones mentioned here and you'll be happy.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

aslo have you tried getting ahold of Walter himself?

he sends a batch out to Tony, but he sells seome himself.
walter is on vacation for like 2 weeks

Tony, are you the one I asked about the MM intakes earlier today???

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

MTX ZX3: aren't you selling yours
?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts

I'd stick with any intake that retains the stock MAF housing, anything else doesn't really make sense. Given that the Marcy Motorsport intake is out of stock the other one that I like is the FocusSport intake. If you are replacing the MAF housing you are doing one of two things, wasting money on excess material or buying an improperly engineered part.

There is one exception to the that, Cosworth. They have the engineering and technical resources to properly design and calibrate a new maf housing.

I'd still love to see dyno's of the other intakes out there on the market.

·
Registered
128 Posts

Might I suggest you figure out which one you want and if it's out of stock, wait for it?
What's a month in the grand scheme of things?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts

WOW!!! You must be talking about my design aerostudent because there aren't any others out there. Thanks for the plug and the chance to respond too you, because any other way of contacting you doesn't work. Well the last time I checked your major is aerodynamics and not mechanics or auto related?

But just to clear the air, my design is no different than Cosworth's and the same company that manufactures some big name intakes (injen for one) makes my intakes and I will have a full batch of atleast 30 intakes at Jetfest. So I think my design is good but I it depends on who you ask. There have been some numbers posted before with my intake, some have gained more or less around 9hp. And also the price will change and be competative with the others that use less material. So the choice is left to the consumer and my testing has proved it works very well, the dyno sheets will be posted on my new website when it is done.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

I seem to remember aerodynamics involving studies of how air flows...but that's just me.

And an intake...well yeah. Good point, nothing to do with air flowing whatsoever.

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts

I seem to remember aerodynamics involving studies of how air flows...but that's just me.

And an intake...well yeah. Good point, nothing to do with air flowing whatsoever.
Yeah, lol... that's why the wing he designed works so well?

Stupid Cal Poly students! You shoulda gone to USC!

Ricardo, where did you go to school for mechanical engineering? Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts

Well I have a degree in Electronic Engineering Technician from Devry and I have been building and racing Porsches from 1995 through 2002 (which I was the crew chief for the team). Then I raced BMW's until end of 2003. And the rest brings me here!

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

no comment.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts

I have been building and racing Porsches from 1995 through 2002 (which I was the crew chief for the team). Then I raced BMW's until end of 2003.
Kinda a step down/backward, don't you think?

I have absolutely no technical knowledge on airflow or automobiles. However, F2's intake design looks better to me every time I stop to think about it. Unlike the Steeda, which seems to replace the MAF housing just to look cool, F2's actually allows for future upgrade, like the Cosworth. It wouldn't be my choice personally, but I don't see what's wrong with it.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts

Neutral corners people - that means <u>all of you</u>.

>8^)
ER

1 - 20 of 26 Posts