Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just plain beautiful!

Note the aftermarket boost gauge on the steering column (barely visible in the last photo).

He has that, a grounding kit, and I think he said that the conical air filter you see in the engine bay is aftermarket, I was too busy drooling to listen.

Link to the whole lunch G2G Photo album. Sorry for the blurry pics at the beginning. I was out of focus.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Dang that thing is tight. The blue one is better.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ahhh you guys so suck! Anyhoot. I have seen a silver Evo in that area as well as 135th a couple times. I also saw a black one on metcalf and 150th. I drool every time.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Next time, take it for a drive during lunch. I had a miserable morning full of double booked meetings where nothing got accomplished. Took a long lunch and went for a drive and the day got a hell of a lot better.

Ask your friend to let you drive it, I doubt I'm the only EVO owner that let's others drive their car, it's worth it just to see someone's face going through a mountain curve at 115 mph, and the car is begging for them to drive it harder.

My best EVO story is driving back (as spectators) from the last stage of the Maine Forest Rally and getting waved into the final check point. The guys face turned a little red when he realized his mistake, but it made my day.

·
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seth, you were right.

A guy showed up in a yellow one to our KCCompacts gathering. I asked. I recieved. I also took the liberty of being the first person to drift his car through a corner. It was already broken in well, so he let me rag on it a bit. The whole...drifting thing kinda freaked him out, but I'm used to doing it in other cars. I was very impressed. Keep the foot to the floor and she stays planted. Let up a little and she comes around in a very precice and predictable fashion. Let up then hammer it down and you have four wheels on the edge of traction, yet the car is left in a very controllable state. Clutch engagement is smooth yet once you let go it has a death grip on the flywheel. Suspension is well engineered, yet far from the best I've ridden on. Driver feedback is very generous. At no time did I feel surprised by the car's reactions to my input. I'd imagine with 40 series tires and some nice light wheels, feedback would be a little clearer.

This car is like a mental illness. I can't get it off my mind!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I must say that cars design is certainly growing on me.

I wonder if mitsu's dealers are still tacking on a 10k markup?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
This car is like a mental illness. I can't get it off my mind!
May I place this quote in my signature?

Awesome write up of the EVO, I know my skills are so much below the level of the car. It's a good thing I love to learn.

I wonder if mitsu's dealers are still tacking on a 10k markup?
The dealer I went to had a $5,000 A.D.M. sticker on the car, after the first word out of the sales guy mouth, I simply stated, If you want to keep talking to me you need to rip that sticker off the car. He left to ask his G.M., came back and ripped the sticker off.

There was a post in the New England forum over at evolutionm.net from a dealer in NJ who was offering 1K under MSRP on all of their 5 EVOs on the lot. With the STi out, and the newness factor wearing off, you should be able to get 500 under MSRP without a single problem. I paid MSRP on paper, but I also got exactly what I wanted for my trades, so I still think I did well.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
looks like SVTF pedals. the engine looks alot like the GST engines. cousins?

·
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The dealer I went to had a $5,000 A.D.M. sticker on the car, after the first word out of the sales guy mouth, I simply stated, If you want to keep talking to me you need to rip that sticker off the car. He left to ask his G.M., came back and ripped the sticker off.

There was a post in the New England forum over at evolutionm.net from a dealer in NJ who was offering 1K under MSRP on all of their 5 EVOs on the lot. With the STi out, and the newness factor wearing off, you should be able to get 500 under MSRP without a single problem. I paid MSRP on paper, but I also got exactly what I wanted for my trades, so I still think I did well.
Well, that takes care of the markup issue, now I just need to find 25 grand.

·
Registered
186 Posts
don't we all
i think it will be my next car, that or the WRX.
Once I can afford the insurance on the damn thing.
twice as much as the focus on insurance, guess i got to wait until my
driving record is clean, and when i turn 25. insurance should drop.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
it's worth it just to see someone's face going through a mountain curve at 115 mph, and the car is begging for them to drive it harder.
Now, what kind of psycho would do that?

My best EVO story is driving back (as spectators) from the last stage of the Maine Forest Rally and getting waved into the final check point. The guys face turned a little red when he realized his mistake, but it made my day.
That's awesome!

the engine looks alot like the GST engines. cousins?
Yeah, it's the 4G63.

·
Registered
489 Posts
EVO = UGLY, GAY, OVERPIRCED....

But id take one....

UGLY ASS TAILIGHTS..........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts