Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I gotta say this. Morrigan is back. **** yeah!

Now to the more important crap.

I'm really trying to keep a leash on my cynicism here, but it's kind of hard to do so when I see anything produced by Electronic *******s.

The game looks good graphically. Gameplay is still an unknown, but I hope they don't follow in the drunken and broken footsteps that was known as Dragon Age II.

This is where is my cynicism really shows. Watching that trailer, this thought popped into my head "It's the Mass Effect 3 version of Dragon Age". I mean, beyond the fact that both games share the same graphics engine the whole premise seemed kind of the same as Mass Effect 3.

PS: Mods, wasn't really sure where to put this. Maybe it should belong in the E3 thread.

·
Grand Master Mabel listens to Death Metal and flip
7,145 Posts
You have my attention. :)

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Dave,

This thread can stay. :)

Not that I really have any say in the matter. LOL.

I am some what mad that they managed to make Morrigan ugly. :(
Sigh. I hope Alistar and her resume their old shenanigans. That would be epic.

·
Registered
426 Posts
You have my attention. :)
What she said. :rock:

Dave,

This thread can stay. :)

Not that I really have any say in the matter. LOL.

I am some what mad that they managed to make Morrigan ugly. :(
Sigh. I hope Alistar and her resume their old shenanigans. That would be epic.
:hump:

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
She boned Logain in my story.

:edit: Well Logain boned her but he got screwed in the end, so yeah... She boned Logain in my story. Alistar and her just fought like an married old couple.

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
My problem with any new Bioware title is that Bioware is a freaking mess. Anytime I go to Emonton, I get an earful from people working there about what a gong show the studio has become. EA has become very heavy handed with Bioware, especially after the last Dragon age, and the ****-fest that was Mass Effect 3. The community outrage at the complete abandonment of the choices you make having any true meaning to the outcome left the studio looking very weak to EA. Then we had The Old Rebublic... I think can stop there. So their money counters and analysts are a more permanent presence at the studio now. The game has to be profitable, not necessarily good. Something untested and new to the series? Well that's risky, lets try dumbing it down a bunch, then we'll add it in as DLC later on. A minor change to a gameplay mechanic? Bill it as revolutionary new "item management system"

Serisously, I know people who get to make video games for a living that hate their job. That's Bioware.

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still getting ME3 "save the universe" vibes from it.

How far Bioware has fallen. Or to be more correct, Electronic *******s pushed them off the cliff. You would think that those dumb****s (EA) would eventually learn to leave a good thing alone. But it seems to be their goal to systematically destroy promising IP after promising IP.

But... I could be wrong. It still holds my interest.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
I have not been paying attention to EA's influence in the game, but thinking about what the second Dragon Age became (Adventures on the Wounded Coast); I can see what you are both getting at. I'm interested, but starting to be suspicious about EA's string pulling.

·
Grand Master Mabel listens to Death Metal and flip
7,145 Posts
I'm still gonna play it and likely enjoy it...but thats because I skipped ME3. I heard about how your choices earned you a 1 of three colors for the ending of what was supposed to be this dramatic saga...I have all ME titles, I'm just waiting until I absolutely have nothing else to play.

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
I'm still getting ME3 "save the universe" vibes from it.

How far Bioware has fallen. Or to be more correct, Electronic *******s pushed them off the cliff. You would think that those dumb****s (EA) would eventually learn to leave a good thing alone. But it seems to be their goal to systematically destroy promising IP after promising IP.

But... I could be wrong. It still holds my interest.
The big problem is that all the people who were there to start the DA series and poured their creative hearts and souls into the game left a long time ago, from artists, to programers. EA did some major housecleaning after TOR tanked so fabulously. The DA series will go down a different path now than the one originally intended, I never got into the series so I have no idea if that's a good or bad thing. I do know I found Mass Effect got worse each game in terms of atmosphere, so I would expect the same.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts

·