Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walmart has Mobil 1 in the 5 quart jugs now. Price is $18.88.

Just picked up a jug of 5W-30.

The Sam's Club around here also has Mobil-1 6 quart packs for $23.88.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Well historically oil was stored underground in sand deposits for millions of years. Of course, with synthetic compounds, i would think it would be even longer

·
Registered
786 Posts
Originally posted by COSitsWORTHit:
VatoZone
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Took me a second to comprehend what you were saying there, but it's oh so true!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Thanks.

I'm Wal-Mart Bound....

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Guess what I was just told??!!!
This is NO LONGER Just a SALE Price!
This will be their NORMAL Price, as long as they can keep it in Stock!!!

(I still bought one 5 qt jug just in case...
)

[ 05-09-2003, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought Walmart does not have sales? Just everyday low prices. Hopefully they can keep it in stock.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Out here California, they seem to get it once or twice a year. It's only an "end cap special" that different manufacturers get throughout the year (meaning the end display on isles gets rotated out between different products/sales/specials). It will be $18.88, but only for as long as they are getting it in, which is usually only for a couple weeks. $3.77 is a lot better than $5 a quart, especially when you have five cars that run M1 exclusively. Go stock up!

·
Registered
23 Posts
They never seem to have it at walmart when I go. So I just picked up a box at BJ's warehouse for $23.33.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I was told $18.88 from now on for at least a year, with stock coming and going "As Available".

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Mobil 1 is probably the best oil that is available almost everywhere and not that expensive because there are other oils out there liek Royal Purple and stuff but they cost more and are harder to find. Mobile 1 is just the most effective way to go if you ask me

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mobil 1 is good oil but not great.
It's a notch below of what are considered to be the best oils out there - RedLine, Amsoil and Schaeffer which will keep your engine cleaner and show lower wear number in oil analysis.
And they are not that expensive considering that you can safely prolong you oil change intervals up to 12-15K miles.
I buy RedLine for $7.00/qt here. Keeps my engine clean as a whistle at 55K miles.

Royal Purple? Nah... Lots of gimmicky marketing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts