Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any mods I can do to my focus that cost little to no money at all. I am looking preferably at performance but any suggestions are a help. I am in college now and really pressed for money, but I love to work on my car and want to continue fixin it up. Unfortunatly my pockets are empty.....Any suggestions???

·
Registered
71 Posts
what does "port your throttle body" mean...never heard of that.

·
Registered
142 Posts
There was a "cheap mods" thread a while back.
a quick search should turn it up...
~Paris

Ps. Use the search function to try and answer questions. Chances are, someone has already asked about it.
Then, if you still aren't clear, someone can help w/ the details.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
dont remove your airbox resonator though....some people do that, lose power and its just for sound.

hmmm, lemme think of some other stuff.

P51 Rear Suspension Shims is a good 1 (20bux)

AH YES!!!! chop your shifter, the die to rethread for the shift knob (reuse the stock knob no lockout) is 5-7bux at a local hardware or auto store. aftermarket shifters break and their $$$$, chopped stock worx great and is no $$$.

ford rear crash bolts if you have problems w/rear camber and your sportlines.

prolly can pick up some1s udp cheap as well.

just save as much as possible, i was there not too long ago, its the best way.

-Ult

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
SVT intake snorkle, or some Ebay intake like bomz.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Buy a 12mm X 1.25 die. Die down how far you want to cut, leaving yourself about an inch or so of thread. Get a good hacksaw blade and go to town. I would start at about 2 inches, put the knob back on, and see if you like there. If you want shorter, cut more and reattached the knob until you find your sweet spot. Two things also: 1) I would die first and then cut, not the other way around because its hard to start a thread on an uneven surface (like the cutting surface). 2) Leave the die down at the bottom when you're cutting, then when you're done, screw it back up so it'll go through the threads one more time.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm not going to have to come back and tell you what a die is

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anybody have a picture of a chopped shifter compared to a stock one? If I had a picture of what mine should look like when I cut it...I would feel more comforatable starting it.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I'll post mine tonight, ok? Its raining right now, so unless you're a really hot chick willing to exchange love and/or cash for this picture, you're going to have to wait for it to stop

·
Registered
519 Posts
I just added some fairly cheap mods. I got new headlight bulbs (Sylvania Silverstars), and some new fog light bulbs (the cool blues from BAT Inc.), and I also replaced the windsheild wiper switch with the 6-speed version ($22 at BAT Inc). They're all great little mods that add a little more comfort to your ride.

·
Registered
971 Posts
tint ALL the windows, looks 100% sharper no matter what color.

ps: if u dont do them all, mise well not do any cuz IN MY BOOK it looks just as tacky as them all being see thru when u buy it off the lot brand new.

·
Registered
510 Posts
right when i got my car i went out and bought a $15 cone filter (?dont know what u wanan call em?) popped of the top of the air box and clamped it on. leave the rest of the box on just sit it inside of it. You get a nice deep tone out of it. i just did that until i had the money to buy my intake.

·
Registered
510 Posts
oh and for the shifter.. go buy a die...grab you shiter and see were it would feel good. thread the die down like an 2 inches past that and pull out the sawzall and shop vac sit the nozzle by the shifter and start sawing. if its still to long cut it again. if its too short ur a meathead. i cut mine three dif times till i figured out were i wanted it. its prob the simplest mod you can do and its pretty hard to mess up.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
As promised:

Sorry my car is really really dirty

1 - 20 of 20 Posts