Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a very similar question to the 600.00 guy. If you had an SVT with only a CAI on it. What would you get if you had 3500.00?

I am selling my old Probe GT and my wife says I can use it all for my Focus

My plans are to add some type of FI, with a final goal of 240ish WHP. I am not looking for a monster, and I want it safe. Obviously I am not looking to reach that mark with this amount of money. But what would be the best first step?

I'm considering going with one option of buying a Pectel T6 for just under 3K. But that is ONLY if the wiring harness in the SVT is the same as the one in the ZX3. The T6 has more outputs (dual stage manifold & VCT) and built in wideband input. But if the harness isn't the same, then I'm thinking a different ECU. That way I will have no problem no matter which route I go with FI. What are you ideas?

[ 09-19-2002, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: belacyrf ]

·
Registered
302 Posts
Originally posted by belacyrf:
...goal of 240ish WHP. I am not looking for a monster, and I want it safe.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Put it in the bank until the JRSC comes out. You may not get to 240 WHP, but you will get an engineered solution instead of a bunch of parts.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH and just to clarify, the JRSC kit is not really an option right now. (It might be if I really believe I'll not be able to get the additional money to finish the project) but as of now, the JRSC as a kit is not an option. I might consider some day buying the SC and manifold w/o the black box and warranty (probably alot cheaper) then adding a dual jet aquamist setup to cool the charge.

But with my current plan, the JRSC is a dead end street as a kit.. ending at 200whp and I think they are going to run it rich while taking timing out. There are better alternatives to make the same power!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Put the money in a college fund for your kids/ future kids.
At this time there is nothing out there that is going to get you to 240whp.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
TurboTom is apparently pushing around 300.
I'd submit a post in the Forced Induction Forum if I were you.
Pay attention to Tom, and to P-51. They are both quite intelligent.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not really interested in finishing the whole project with this sum of money! However I am looking to go with the primary steps.

Here are some of the generalized options:
</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Stand-alone ECU
Custom Turbo hardware setup (XS-Engineerin or Twins Turbo)
Intercooler
Exhuast</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Stand-alone ECU
JRSC hardware only (no black box)
aquamist setup
larger pulley
Exhuast</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Stand-alone ECU
Custom Centrifugal SC (Area 51)
intercooler
Exhuast</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Something Else
</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL guys stop with the college fund. I'm already putting towards my sons fund 1K per year till he's 18. (He's 2 now). I am 100% debt free minus car payments. I just don't want to waste money, so I'm trying to be somewhat intelligent about this

·
Registered
384 Posts
Not to be a jerk, but shouldn't this be in SVT Headquarter?

[ 09-19-2002, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: mcs7865 ]

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha ha.. ok well nevermind.. I'll re-ask in FI. Mods please close this thread!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.