Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do some stuff to the engine but I still have only 20,000 miles on my car. I have over a year left in my warranty and I was thinking about getting the extended warranty. So what are some mods that I can do that won't void the warranty? Thanks for your help.
Alex

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
last time i got warranty work done i had:

Race header w/ CEL Eliminator
65mm TB
Iceman Intake w/ resonater duct
Flex pipe
exhaust
under drive pulley
and some other stuff....

it was a battle, and I won...

now that I am supercharged, I will be selling them the remainder of my extended warranty as there is no way they'll work on it.

there have been a bunch of threads on this from fellow jetters... Hit up a search for "Mods Void Warranty" or just "Mods Warranty" and you can read about some peoples personal experiences...

I've found that it all depends on the dealership, as well as how persistant you are... when I went in I wouldnt take NO for an answer

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Alex,
Technically NO mod can void your Warranty, unless it DIRECTLY caused the problem.
YOU, my friend, are in luck, because we happen to have a dealer in Knoxville that is totally "No Hassle" about it.
Ted Russell Ford on Parkside Drive.
The Service Director is a fellow Auto-X'er w/ a HELLUVA Race Car, and his wife is a Service Manager, and one of the other Service Managers is ALSO a racer.
If you ever needed Warranty work done, you can go there, and tell them I sent you. Call me first if that ever happens, and I'll tell you who to talk to.

·
Registered
93 Posts
They are very right no part can void the warrenty unless (example) You have a alt pulley and the pulley burns up the alt, then they could void the warrenty on the alt., but otherwise you are cool

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well I wish that was my case. Neither of the two dealers I've been to will replace my clutch under warranty. Ford will not even pick up part of the cost. It sucks because it has to be because of a faulty slave cylinder. I lost clutch pressure under normal driving conditions. This hydraulic clutch sucks a$$. Unfortanetly, I can't keep trying other dealers because I have no patience and I need my car to get to work. Even if I bring my own clutch they won't do it under warranty; I'm sorry, but they're total jerks. Not even that 800 number will help.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Slate... I used to live in NJ in the bergen county/northern NJ area and I hated dealing w/ the dealerships there...

but as far as I am aware of, the clutch is only covered for 12k miles since it's a ware part?

now if it was the master cyl, that should be covered i would think... what is your mileage? try a few different dealerships, and dont take no for an answer... I blew up my transmission at almost 40k miles but i had the ESP warranty and they rebuilt my entire tranny w/ all the above listed mods i had at the time.

[ 01-08-2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: TooleBox ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts