Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exactly are the benifits of cam gears and are they worth buying? also if i get headers do i need a high flow cat or will just the headers make a difference? aslo whats the benifits of diff coatings on the headers?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
The benefits that cam gears allow are that you are able to adjust your cam timing(point at which the cam opens/closes the valves).

They allow you to adjust your powerband, you can tune them to have more high rpm power, more low end torque or a mix of both.

Cam gears are THE best basic bolt-on you can put on the Focus Zetec motor, as from the factory the cam timing is off and the difference is different between car to car.

So basically, when you tune your gears, if you do nothing more than set them to correct TDC(top dead center), you are giving yourself the power than you should have been given from the factory.

If you tune them depending on your mods/powerband, you are able to make the power where you want it and feel it would be best used or what provides the best feel.

If you can get the gears and get them powerly tuned on a dyno, then yes, get them!

- Drew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts