Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...I was pondering to myself of how do so many people in here have extra money to modify their cars...?? Let's say, you bought a zx3 for like $13,000 brand new...you pay about $300 a month. You have a job that pays a little more than $8. You have to pay for house, car, insurance, food, and other things...Where do you guys get all that extra money from?? I work two jobs and make close to 2 grand a month and I still have money issues...but don't worry though, my car comes first...Me, my car, my mods....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well i have a student job and i'm a painter in the summer and at both i make more than $8
But...it's all in how you spend. Not wasting money on dumb crap is a good tactic to learn. Learning to go without somethings is nice as well. I'd sacrafice cable and phone so i could have a part every now and then. Staying single and getting my engineering job are going to be big important things to keeping my money.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Because my girlfriend is working herself out of debt, I pay for 2. Plus I'm a moron and spend my money a lot. Learn a trade like painter or electrician and do some side work or work extra hours. Easier said than done right?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
staying single...

that's key to saving money. a woman will cost more than a car ever could, and if she doesn't, she makes sure she does, and it's soooo worth it sometimes.

yeah $8/hr is close to min wage in CT i think... i think it's like 6.70 or something.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Well, I make a hell of alot more than $8/hour, but I am probably an old fart in this forum (37). Christ, I pay my mortgages (plural) all my bills, all the other crap to feed my family (wife and 2 kids), and still manage to sneak in mods for my ride.....if the wife ever finds out how much I have spent....deep doodoo

·
Registered
213 Posts
I earn almost $24/hr and barely get by. Insurance is close to $300 a month and rent is something like almost $900 a month. I still dont know where all my money goes. its like some kinda greedy grinch makes money disapear from me. I tell you when I find that summabitch he's gonna need ice for his a**. seriously if you live in an apartment on your own its expensive. although u get to walk around the house naked whenever you please=)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Pack your lunch for work everyday, don't buy new cloths, don't eat out to much, don't go to wawa everyday, don't get the starbucks coffee, etc.
You will have more money if you watch what you spend. Really
Make a list of all your expenses in an excel file and see where you are spending too much. This is scary to do but really helps. This is a good idea when you buy a house.
p.s Santa is coming soon and I hope I get a Bosal CAT in my stocking "hint" Hint" Bandit

It is hard for me to buy mods and I make over 50g's a year.
You guys must all be MD's

·
Registered
242 Posts
I feel bad for you people that have to pay such high insurance premiums. I only pay $800/yr. for full coverage. Are you getting that many points on your license or were they that high to begin with? I mean, I'm 17 and got the good student discount, but I don't think it'd be that much. Other than that, I guess I can mod my car because I don't have a rent or anything other than my cell phone. It's good to still live at home with no bills and not be a loser.
When college comes next year, however, things will change dramatically I'm sure. That's why I want to get the car done now. Peace.

- Matt

·
Registered
786 Posts
To you guys making decent money and being broke...

I think your main problem is your location...Cali and Jersey...both extremely high cost of living states.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Wawa? Man I haven't heard that name in a long while. all we got is 7-11 on every corner. Like I said I eat out everyday. Lunch: $10, dinner $20. $150 a week in food easily. damn i think i will stop doing that.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Originally posted by tech_z:
Okay...I was pondering to myself of how do so many people in here have extra money to modify their cars...?? Let's say, you bought a zx3 for like $13,000 brand new...you pay about $300 a month. You have a job that pays a little more than $8. You have to pay for house, car, insurance, food, and other things...Where do you guys get all that extra money from?? I work two jobs and make close to 2 grand a month and I still have money issues...but don't worry though, my car comes first...Me, my car, my mods....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Some of us, like myself, make more than $8/hour.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
well i make 12.18 an hour (not trying to brag) at a ford dealer (union). i have to pay for my car it was $16,990. i pay 365.24 a month. i was paying for half my schooling but i ran out of money and my parents took over. i am slowly bringing my funds back up. i only have mach headlights and a steeda intake that i took back off (wast of money). i am looking at the full svt exhaust for my car, but i dont mod often. i would say about every 4 months?.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Got money issues? Need more money? Want to have lots of money? Bank robbers have a lot of money.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by Hi-Risk:
Got money issues? Need more money? Want to have lots of money? Bank robbers have a lot of money.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Hmmm, I'm no MD but me and my wife take down some serious coin, and I'm still broke and in debt. God bless the American way of life!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
why buy when you can build? **** i redid my entire exhaust system with about 4 rolls of aluminum foil... thats like what, $8. y'all are fools, ha

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
take your lunch, find fun things to do that don't cost $$, and most importantly, MOD WISELY!!!! I'm almost 100% sure you'll appreciate a nice set of UDPs or some GOOD lowering springs alot more than that flashy aluminum spoiler or altezzas, or even a nice turbo over body mods, spend your money wisely and it'll come along....and women will drain every cent you have and you'll do so willingly....crazy, crazy ish

·
Registered
744 Posts
I work for Wal-MArt and i get paid jack **** i get like 7 / hour and my "awesome" mods thus far along the way ARE ... homemade exhaust that sounds very agressive .. no rice sound @ all, a under cadr neon kit, a pioneer deh-4400, 2 lightning audio 500 watt amps, and 2 12" lighting audio subs, the trick is, one you decide on a product, search your butt off for a good deal, and SAVE YOUR $ dont' waste it, and i pay my car payment ($243.46) and my own insurance/taxes/gas etc) *edit* SPAM and Macaronii and cheeze is tha ghetto way to save $ to mods your car! */edit*

[ 10-25-2002, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: FociD00d02 ]

G

·
0 Posts
Eat ramen, cook your own food, do not go out on the weekend (this is the hardest part), do not buy clothes and share your living place.
Heck, after doing all of these you may become stingy and won't mod your focus at all

=dRe=

·
Registered
258 Posts
i'm only seventeen. i only make $7/hour but i dont have to pay rent or food or aything since i live at home. but i do have to buy half my car (i make monthly payments to my parents) and i also pay for all of my insurance. so pretty much all of my money goes into my car because i dont have other things to spend it on. it's great being a kid.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts