Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AutoWeek

With the all-new 2004 F-150 pickup tearing up the sales charts and the Five Hundred large sedan waiting in the wings, we’re happy to see Ford hasn’t taken its eye off the small-car market.

These spy pictures show the next-generation five-door hatchback Focus, due next year in Europe as a 2005 model. Ford will continue to offer the Focus on the existing platform in the States, but may adopt the global C1 platform that also underpins the Mazda 3 and Volvo S40 when the U.S. model is redesigned in 2007.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
its towing
that might be some sort of diagnostics or measuring or data-taking equipment, test cars always have all sorts of funny crap hanging off of them

·
Registered
872 Posts
You can tell they have extra padding back there to make the car look wrong. Look how that plastic over the "hatch" drapes down. The rear curves down much more sharply than they would have you believe with that camo on. It's very effective. I would think it was a sedan if not for the taillight placement. Unless they have extraneous taillights stuck up there too.

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
I see a roll bar in that thing. Kinda looks like an Elantra in the front.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
i just see ugliness. I will now go cry as i trade in my blue oval for that funky stylized bird that mazda uses.

*tear*

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
The 2nd and 3rd pics make the C1 Focus look like a baby-Aztek.

Go Ford!

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
They are probably doing GVW testing. It's rated at 1000lbs towing, they test pulling a 1000lb trailer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
At least it doesn't have 3" of fender gap

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
i just see ugliness. I will now go cry as i trade in my blue oval for that funky stylized bird that mazda uses.

*tear*
What happened??? THAT THING IS UGLY.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
You can tell they have extra padding back there to make the car look wrong. Look how that plastic over the "hatch" drapes down. The rear curves down much more sharply than they would have you believe with that camo on. It's very effective. I would think it was a sedan if not for the taillight placement. Unless they have extraneous taillights stuck up there too.
I was thinking the same thing..shape doesnt look right for a hatch

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
AutoWeek

With the all-new 2004 F-150 pickup tearing up the sales charts and the Five Hundred large sedan waiting in the wings, we’re happy to see Ford hasn’t taken its eye off the small-car market.

These spy pictures show the next-generation five-door hatchback Focus, due next year in Europe as a 2005 model. Ford will continue to offer the Focus on the existing platform in the States, but may adopt the global C1 platform that also underpins the Mazda 3 and Volvo S40 when the U.S. model is redesigned in 2007.
the length is misleading the Car isn't that long.

The camoflauge hides the length of the car and the shape of the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts