Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this over at BON and was posted via Automotive news dated August 11....should make some Sedan buyers happy

Ford Focus

The Focus will be re-engineered and freshened for the 2005 model year. A performance sedan will be offered. A new interior is part of the plan.

Beyond that, Ford is debating what to do for the next-generation Focus. A redesign could happen for the 2008 model year with the North American Focus moving to the C1 platform shared with the new 2004 Mazda3 and the redesigned Volvo S40 sedan and S50 wagon. The European Focus will move to that platform for the 2005 model year.

But Ford also is contemplating putting the next-generation North American Focus on a separate platform, splitting it from the European Focus.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts

But Ford also is contemplating putting the next-generation North American Focus on a separate platform, splitting it from the European Focus.
What a great way to ruin the Focus.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Or improving it, who's to say which is better? Have you driven them both?
I don't think people are going to like what for has for them in spring 2004. we will see What Ford North America can do, with a small car. Think 2000 Taurus vs 1998 Taurus.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Or improving it, who's to say which is better? Have you driven them both?
Has any FoE car been better than the orginal once modified for the American market?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think people are going to like what for has for them in spring 2004. we will see What Ford North America can do, with a small car. Think 2000 Taurus vs 1998 Taurus.
I dont think its going to be that bad...Ford [censored] up with the Taraus in 1996 and it was priced out on avg at a higher price point then the older model it replaced. Ford over engineered the car and people wheren't willing to pay for it.

How much can Ford futher decontent the Focus? Get rid of the tach and put in a shift light?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has any FoE car been better than the orginal once modified for the American market?

Big differences in market though....Americans dont want to pay 25K for a small car like the Europeans do....

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
euroepans don't pay 25k for a focus Excluding the RS.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
The Focus costs more in Europe than it does here. Taxes aside, the car is considered a mid size, not a compact as it is here. So yes, the cost is higher.

Case in point, my father moved to England, brought a 2001 S2 with 8K miles with him. He paid 11k for it here ( it wan't even a year old I don't think ) and sold it for 12.5 there with more miles AND it's a US spec car.

That wouldn't happen if they paid the same for the car there, would it?

Also, my wife is from Denmark and I have Danish Focus brochures, we visited a Danish Ford dealership ( Scanadiam Ford ) and a Focus was about 22K as my wife told me figuring in the currency exchange rate.

So, here is a reason for FoE cars to be decontented as they are brought over here.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I dont think its going to be that bad...Ford [censored] up with the Taraus in 1996 and it was priced out on avg at a higher price point then the older model it replaced. Ford over engineered the car and people wheren't willing to pay for it.
I thought it was because it looked like a Turtle.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought it was because it looked like a Turtle.
That too, but also with the 2000 reskin they decontented the car again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts