Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today was yet another different day. so i took my ATX foci out, took it down some back roads. I found out something but i'm not very pleased. There is definitely MORE POWER above 6000rpm, but when i hit it hard on "1" and "2" gears, the fuel cuts out my power and the engine stumbles!! Is there any chip, or someway to extract this power, and raise my rev limit above the stock 7000RPM range? How about those piggyback units...from greddy, apexi, venom? I have a stock block, afx udp, cone air filter - thats it. There must be a way to extract it because the power is up there (this must be ford's little secret)!!

-Chris

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Unless you have some new intake manifold, there's really not much power to be found up there. If you really want a chip, I wouldn't put your new limiter anywhere over 7200 without doing some work to the internals.

·
Registered
591 Posts
chris there reall is no power, if you have a stock zetec the power just starts to go downhill on the dyno

GET YOR CAMS IN

GET A CHIP

youl be set

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i need a chip, but dont know which one to choose. The only two i know of are diablo and superchips. There must be better chips out there. my code is CJW0. Are there any other companys, or other good brands out there?

And exactly how can i go about choosing the right intake manifold? i have a stock FI, what if there is too much air, or too little fuel...is there any way to balance this out? The stock compression is 10:1, so if i get a new intake manifold, would it be necessary to bump up the compression...i have essy cam gears here (not installed yet), so i want to use the stock camshafts first because they have potential to knock off a few horses i think. Later i will upgrade to Cranes preferbly stage 1 or 2. What do you guys think? Would the Crane 1 be pretty much like the stock foci camshafts, or more aggressive?

[ 11-10-2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: chris_k ]

·
Registered
591 Posts
chris get the early 2000 intake manifold and port it it flows great it is my next mod!

dont get crane 1 thats a waste of money get the crane or crower 2 i just installed mine and i love it the cra feels

BEEFIYER!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts