Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a Pro-M calibrated to the stock specs. What intakes will it fit on ot will it fit on any? What size cone filter will fit? Any problems with it? Or known problems in general? How long have you had it on? Any thoughts would help thanks !!!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Fits very nicely on a Volant. You will have to enlarge the diameter of the hole in 2 parts of the Volant by about 1/8". can be done in about 10 min. with a razor knife. I got 2 slightly longer screws with washers to use, cost about 20 cents. The Volant comes with a cone filter

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was told that the Pro-M is calibrated differently according to the position oy your filter in relation to the sensor. For instance something like an AEM long tube CAI would require a different calibration then what most of us have which is just the filter pretty much right before the sensor. I also have the Volant bored out to fit the Pro-M. So far I haven't had any luck with the sensor on my car. I sent the meter back to Pro-M to have a problem corrected which was causing a substantial drop in power. I sent my dyno sheets and an explanation of the problem but still got the same meter which they recalibrated and it causes the same power loss. Right now they are in the process of replacing it for me so hopefully that will correct the problem.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
As far as I know, the only factor for calibration is the injector size. I ordered mine from McNews and Bobby knows what I have on the car. I had Pro-M's filter on it at first but it was too loud so I put the Volant on. I haven't had any problems with the setup at all.

If you are coming down to the G2G at Sheehy Ford on Sunday 10/6 with the guys from Pittsburgh, you can take a look at my setup.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it have to be calibrated differently for different intakes? or just bigger injectors and things more internal?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts