Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I'm Important
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so lately things haven't been going too well for me. Right now I am in the middle of a seperation from my wife, bankruptcy hearings, and child custody disputes. On top of all that, I went ahead and wrecked my car over the weekend. yay.

My little brother was flying home from Wisconsin. It was a nice warm saturday morning.. typical in SoCal. He flew into Ontario International, which is about an hour or so from Palm Springs. I got to the airport on time, traffic was light, no problem at all.I picked him up from the terminal, carried his luggage to the car (because im such a nice guy), and we were on our way.

About half an hour into our drive home, it starts to get cloudy, then it starts to rain, then it starts to POUR. So I slow down, I'm probably going about 50 mph, a little slower than the flow of traffic. I am in the far left lane on the four lane freeway.We are going along, driving in a straight line, then I feel my backend moving. I was watching the cars around me because I dont trust other people driving in the rain. But, as soon as I feel my backend moving I look down to the road. There is over an inch of standing water covering the freeway, as far as I can see. As soon as I saw that, I knew I was in trouble. I let off the gas, hoping I would gradually slow down and gain traction. but seconds later, the car starts to spin, I tried steering out of it, but it was useless.

Next thing I know, we are sliding down the freeway sideways, towards the guardrail. We go up a small embankment before hitting the guardrail on the front bumper on the passenger side. Then the car snaps around and hits on the rear passenger side quarterpanel, completely smashing it in. According to some witnesses we got off the ground, but I couldnt tell you for sure. We came to a rest in the middle of the fast lane, luckily noone hit us.

My brother came out fine, as did I, for the most part. Somehow my window broke, even though all the damage was on the passenger side. I came out with a few cuts and scratches from the glass, mostly on my arm, but a couple on my forehead. My neck hurts, and my chest hurts from the seatbelt. I'm just glad it wasn't worse.

Here is a pic I snapped with my cell, I should be getting some better ones from my insurance company.

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
That sucks man really sorry. "When it rains, it pours." Don't worry, life will pick up for you just keep a positive attitude.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
damn man im am so sorry to hear that. all those bad occurances at once can be a strain on the mind, just be thankful youre fine now and hopeful about the rest of the stuff's outcomes. best of luck man.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
god doesnt hate you he is just having a bad week , he told me that on sunday then told me to eff off and leave his house.. i think he is mad cause i tracked in mud

thankfully your health is fine minus th cuts ,but with yor luck they will most likely scar bad and leave gross looking burn victim keloids .. best of luck onthe repairs and speedy recovery .. i'll talk to god later this week and make sure he doesnt send his hate your way.

·
"Just a Katie"
3,914 Posts
Oh my gosh! I am soooo sorry to hear that!

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
That sucks. One of the worst things I've ever seen was my Focus leaving on a flatbed.

Out of curiosity, why were you going slower than traffic in the far left lane?

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
One of the worst things I've ever seen was my Focus leaving on a flatbed.
being a focus owner since 1999 you kinda get use to that sight

·
Registered
46 Posts
I share your pan. About 2 years ago I experienced similar incident in my little dodge colt.
I lost control in the rain going about 100 km/h and went back-first into the light post. Thank god for the brake-away design of today's light posts. The post flue over my car as I kept traveling down the side of the highway hoping not to flip. Didn't hit any car's but had to sell my car for parts as I didn't have at fault insurance, insurance + rate increase would be more expensive then the car, so I got $350 for parts. My car was still drivable though; I drove all the way home and then for a few more days after.

Good luck with your insurance!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
HAY! God doesn't hate nobody.

But yeah that accident does suck hydroplaning like that. You did the right thing though by not stepping on the gas and just gently controling the car. I guess luck wasn't just on your side today. Sorry man.

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
atleast you and your bro are in good condition. Foci replacable....bros. not...

hope you can find a suitable replacement!

dentless dave!!

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
That sucks. One of the worst things I've ever seen was my Focus leaving on a flatbed.

Out of curiosity, why were you going slower than traffic in the far left lane?
I was thinking that too, but then I realized he lives in California.

·
Registered
924 Posts
geeze sorry to hear about your car...next time if the rain is bad just pull over

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about this.
Things will get better, they always do!

*Hugs*

-Ducky

·
I have a great pair of eyes
1,774 Posts
Thank God you're alive. Sorry about your car, dank
The storms out in the desert this month and last have been insane!! A guy was hit by lightning IN HIS CAR in the San Joaquin Valley - so much for the rubber in tires keeping you grounded.

·
"Just a Katie"
3,914 Posts
Thank God you're alive. Sorry about your car, dank
The storms out in the desert this month and last have been insane!! A guy was hit by lightning IN HIS CAR in the San Joaquin Valley - so much for the rubber in tires keeping you grounded.
wait wait I live in the San Joaquin Valley, how did I not hear about this?!?!?!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts