Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a string of problems, I finished isntalling my head (again).

The first time the cam gear bolts weren't tightened and the exhaust was retarded 15 degrees. So I adjusted the gear back to 0 degrees, bolted it up and got going again.

I had messed up the threads on my o2 sensor so had to get a new one in. It came in today, so I put it on (along with the new MIL Eliminator) and got everything squared away and fired her up. A short city drive (all this work made me hungry) and the car sounds like a lawnmower. The power was streaky and inconsistent and the car just didn't sound right. I'm guessing this would be a timing issue, but can anyone confirm this?

I know it's only a matter of time before I get all the kinks ironed out, but it's quite frustrating....

Here are my mods:

Volant
Pro-M 70mm MAFS
FC TB
Ported 2000 Intake Mani
FC Stage 2 Head (with Crower stage 2 cams)
FC Race Header/Flex Pipe
Borla Exhaust

My AIM sn is Ashanth if I left anything out...Thanks

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
if it sounds like a lawnmower, make sure all your spark plugs are in correctly and that the plugs are on tight.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are in correctly? As in all the way seated? or does each plug have a certain cylinder it should be in?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Originally posted by SuperMatt:
Are in correctly? As in all the way seated? or does each plug have a certain cylinder it should be in?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dude, I REALLY hope you are joking....and you just installed a head?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
well remember focuses have 2 different types of spark plugs, so yeah it could affect them

I believe the plugs on the cylinders which run under limp mode are different. But I dont know if having them in incorrectly will affect driveablility

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OH MY GOD! I can't believe it was that small of an issue. The #4 wire wasn't seated all the way. I am an idiot, and you are my hero. Thank you, my car runs like it should again!!!!

[ 02-05-2003, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: SuperMatt ]

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Originally posted by SuperMatt:
OH MY GOD! I can't believe it was that small of an issue. The #4 wire wasn't seated all the way. I am an idiot, and you are my hero. Thank you, my car runs like it should again!!!!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That #4 wire always gives me trouble too... It takes a couple times to get in all the way.

Glad its worked out for ya!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts