Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I need 3" for FI reasons but I'm putting in Zetec Tuning anyway because a cat-back is a cat-back... I want to know which is the quietest... I don't like loud... also a fairly inconspicuous tip, or even no tip just a three inch pipe would be preferred... Yo-Dude what can you do for me? I'm currently running a shorty aerocharger and focussport cat-back... I plan on upgrading to a race header and the Bell T28 retorfit kit...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no replies??

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i have a race header and a 3" yodude flex pipe/cat back with a flowmaster and a huge 30"body magnaflow resinator and the car is really nice and quiet....i think its the quietest you'll get with a race header on any exhaust...very deep too

the only thing is the resinator bangs around the metal head sheild because its so big in diameter...I'm going to guy up some rubber bushings and fit the in the space between the resinator and metal sheilding so it cant bounce around

i definately recomend my exhaust setup but if you are going with a turbo, you'd probably be as quiet as my car with just the turbo and regular muffler, no resinator

·
Registered
41 Posts
FastFocus, can you tell me what the focus sport cat back system sounds like?. I'm looking for a quiet cat back, and was considering the focus sport.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is also the ATR...

truenemy:
So I should just call them up and specify the exact some thing as you listed?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
yea, just be aware of the problem with the fitment of the resinator, it will bang around down there unless you put something to keep it from moving....

i bought the YoDude exhaust without the resinator and just added it last week...its a magnaflow (which yodude does carry) 3" interior diameter and i believe the overall lenght is 36" and the body length is like 31"

but like i said, i don't think you'll need the resinator if you are using a turbo...i only got it because I am supercharged and without the resinator the car was extremely loud and sounded like a honda...now its awsome, doesn't drone, is nice and quiet, extremely deep and you wouldnt even know i had a race header

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the 3" ATR on mine.. at idle you cant tell much of anything soft and smooth. but @ 3500 rmp it does get a tad loud. It is a great system but really would recommend the 2.5" system unless you are supercharged or Turbo. you lose some low end with the 3" system in a NA engine.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love the sound of the focussport, and if it weren't for the fact that my turbo setup is moving into the 300HP zone I wouldn't change it... but I need more diameter...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts