Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After different issues that cost me an engine, decided to refresh the set up and make it more efficient so I made a new thread. It's an old school Zetec with an SVT head. Here is a list of some parts, I'm sure missing some stuff.

ENGINE

JE pistons
Eagle rods
Clevite bearings
L19 11mm head studs
ARP rod,main, cam and manifold studs
FX 750 Clutch Master
SVT head deck, port, polish and angle valve
CFM cam gears
High flow oil pump
80 injectors
Steeda fuel rail
NERP intake manifold
80mm throttle
Return fuel with Dual walbro's on a custom hanger
Aeromotive PR
Custom Dominic's side mount manifold
PTE CEA 6262
Tial MVR WG
Turbosmart 50MM BOV
Greddy Profec B EBC
31x18x3 FMIC
HTP thermostat housing

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you post another picture from the right of your breather box setup? Just would like a closer look! :)

Also, are you running swirl pot for you coolant/water?

2 catch cans, 1 for PCV the other for valve cover. Should make a box with enough flow so it won't restrict pressure out. No swirl pot, almost oem but a different canister and no heater.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
No way you were lifting the head with arp studs... Must be your tune ;);)

On a side note where did you source the new studs and how much?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No way you were lifting the head with arp studs... Must be your tune ;);)

On a side note where did you source the new studs and how much?
I had different issues, when I took it apart and tested the injectors 2 of them were clogged. In reality most of the zetec's have a small amount of blowby, this will eliminate the possibility, also did fire rings.
Since the block needs to be drilled and rethread got L19's for 2jz, about $380 plus the machining.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
So is the PCV not vented? Just curious because I am building mine right now and it will be a combined setup. Probably baffle the two sides away from each other so they don't swap any fluids.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So is the PCV not vented? Just curious because I am building mine right now and it will be a combined setup. Probably baffle the two sides away from each other so they don't swap any fluids.
Combined is fine, just have to have enough breathers so they won't create pressure to the other, don't mind the fluid swap.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks!
Missed a lot of pics here are a few others

Yo! Are you in FL.? Fernando is near me in Orlando Kissimmee area. But I see that you wrote as though he only visits where you are. So maybe you live somewhere else? I was asking 'cause, if you're in central FL area, I was gonna ask who coated your cold side and how much they charge. Your build is crazy awesome bro!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts