Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the Energy Suspension bushings Motor mount in stalled for a while. Then I got the Z-Engineering motor mount installed, when it came out about 5 months ago. I just reinstalled the Stock motor mount with the Energy Suspension bushings in it.

The Energy Suspension Bushings make a real Difference. You can really feel the power hitting the ground. Although there is some vibration in the cabin, especially at idle.

The Z-Engineering motor mount seems to be a little better than stock, with virtually no vibration.

So Get the Energy Suspension Motor Mounts if you want to feel the power!!!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Great info thanks! On my drive home from Montreal this month I got off the throttle after a quick sprint and man I though the motor came off the mounts.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Motor mounts are great. They really take alot of the slop out of the front end and pretty much eliminate wheel hop (at least at naturally aspirated power levels
).

You may want a custom chip to set your idle target to 900-1000rpm which will get rid of any vibration at idle.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just installed the Prothane mounts here.
You are right about the power transfer to the ground, especially in first gear.

The vibration is getting on my nerves. At idle the car sounds like a subwoofer pounding away at about 40 Hz. The rear liscence plate vibrates against the hatch and my mirrors fall down out of adjustment. I have to get the idle turned up or else buy new stock bushings.

Does it break in and stop the harsh vibration?

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
I have the prothane mounts too and I don't really notice the vibration until I crank the AC. But you are absolutely correct about the power to the ground. I can't wait to get off work. I'm gonna blare Linkin Park and do some spirited driving.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i have the mounts too...and the vibration isn't bad at all...for summin that takes like 45 min to install and cost 17 bucks...def a worthwhile mod...been about 5 months or so with them on and i still love em...at idle though it actually makes me feel like my car has power with the vibration

·
Registered
990 Posts
You will get used to the vibration. It's bad for about a month. It doesn't decrease, it just stopped bothering me. Feels like a race car...

Nick

[ 09-03-2002: Message edited by: sprout2287 ]</p>

·
Registered
723 Posts
but you shouldn't notice it if your idle is around 1K? if so then i think i'll order one.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
W/ my Prothane bushings, I feel more vibration than stock, BUT I'd personally describe it as Minimal on my car. Nothing vibrating out of place, no shifter "Doing the Jig", no major steering-wheel vibration.
I definitely recommend the mod. Nice gains, low cost, minor effort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts