Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Frushie took advantage of me
2,214 Posts
wow you are all getting screwed. I know mine is only like 200 or so a year...but not sure what coverage it has tho...

My dads 2005 H-D is also not very high, i think like 500 a year and i think that is full coverage...

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Yeah exactly, you're not sure what coverage you have, it could be state minimum compared to their having high liability limits, comp, coll, med, etc etc.

Anyways moving to Pit Stop, motorcycles have wheels and an engine.

Oh, and since I work for them, check out Progressive, we take good care of our motorcycle insureds.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
you were either misquoted or must have some SERIOUS problems with your record to get it that high

·
Registered
317 Posts
jared, even though i use them for auto, i was quoted at $4500 a year.
I guess ill find a loopehole around it
I was quoted about that much for full coverage also on my YZF600 and I only have 1 point on my license. I'm taking the risk and went with just liability. Only $40 a month. I went with Progressive by the way.

·
Registered
659 Posts
im 21 years old with multiple (10+ moving violations)
What type of bike? If you are trying to get a liter bike, at your age with that many driving violations you are going to get raped, and honestly deserve it.
Tell me what bike and I can get you a good quote

I pay 116 a month for mine, 2004 r6 with full coverage, 24 with a couple of tickets

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
im 21 years old with multiple (10+ moving violations)
OH DEAR GOD, how do you get that many??? I drive like an ass and I haven't had one for like 4 years.

Well, honestly, you're gonna be screwed when it comes to insurance prices.

I'm surprised you still even manage to have a license

when I was 19 I had 2 speeding tickets and a passing in a turning lane, and they made me take a class or else i would have had my license suspended from too many points. and that was only 3 so I don't get how you have 10 moving vios

·
Registered
46 Posts
10+?? Maybe you should re-read the driving guide and take some driving courses.

Bike insurance can vary a lot; sport bikes are expensive for a young crowd.
We have it backwards here as they insure on the basis of "cc" so a r6 is 1/2 the cost to get basic insurance then a bandit 1200.
When it comes to the extra insurance it all depends on the declared value, but can get to be as high as car insurance because of the high bike theft.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
yup, the second you asked the question, I knew the following

a. young
b. lots of tickets
c. sportbike

·
Registered
887 Posts
with that kind of driving record you will be able to get motorcycle insurance - you will pay out every orifice in your body for it, but you can get it.

Might I suggest public transportation?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Any way you can like release a notification everytime your headed out for a ride on your bike?

I don't want to bend a wheel on your head.

·
David Anderson
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im not sure how many are on my record as of now, i know in 5 years, ive had hat many. I am a transport officer for texas dept of criminal justice, so it might not be as bad as i think. And for the all ones bitching about my driving, no wrecks, i just drive a little over the limit, no retarded things, just 5-10mph over the limit, living in small towns doesnt help either.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I priced insurance for me on a 04 600 gixxer and it was like 250 a year for full coverage. but our riding season is only about 6 months long...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts