Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you currently running a SVT MAF blow through? And so you want to add a suck through Lightning MAF to measure air, but leave the SVT MAF in place to then only function only as a ACT sensor?

If so, good question. Since the standalone ACT sensors only require two wires (the two outside ones on the 6 pin plug), I would think it is pretty likely that would work.

yeah thats the jest of it but I have an 80mm mustang GT that Ill use for the suck through and correct Im trying to figure out if the iat/act would work with just the 2 wires on the SVT mafs. Dont know if it needs power to it or if its just reading air temp etc.. you know

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
AFAIK that will work just fine. The two ACT wires only share a harness with the MAF wires - there's no electrical interdependence between them.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks though it took me a sec /w AFAIK LOL

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Re: Moved ? here about if ACT will work on mafs w/o rest of wire

I wouldn't leave the whole MAF in the tract just to get the IAT functionality. Just buy a Lightning IAT for $12 and splice it in and place it near the TB or even in the intake manifold if you get brave.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I wouldn't leave the whole MAF in the tract just to get the IAT functionality. Just buy a Lightning IAT for $12 and splice it in and place it near the TB or even in the intake manifold if you get brave.
How come? its an extra mafs or are you saying it just blocks more air flow?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

Yeah, it might be a little restrictive to airflow, but I doubt it will be a big deal. If you already have it all set up to use the whole MAF sensor, I'd just stick with the original plan. But if you have to do some fabrication work anyway, then I'd use an IAT relocation kit instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts