Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im moving to TX and have a few questions.

1. We don't have state inspections in Ks, so what do I have to look forward to with the Tx vehicle inspections??

2. Any mod friendly ford dealerships in the DFW Metroplex??

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
um, inspection doesnt require much. just the basic stuff. Your car isnt old enough for emmissions, but they do scan your computer, so if you have no 02 sensor even with a cheater it will catch it. so yeah. not much though

Brent

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
if you have a cheater, that's fine. you just can't be throwing a code. i had crappy 02 sensors and no cheater on a fc race header and i still passed inspection.

and yeah, there are some mod friendly stealerships around here.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats wrong with the location???

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
It's Plano.
Just be prepaired for more noses in the air than you can ever imagine. That's if your going to be on the west side of town.

·
Registered
423 Posts
And watch the red-light runners.

<- Ex-Plano-ite

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be living on the east side of Plano in a nice area. It is on the Allen/Plano city line. Haven't met too many stuck up people yet but I'm moving from Wichita Ks, and have lived here all my life and most people here walk around like there better than everyone else too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i live on the Allen Plano border too. Raised here and watched it turn into a seething pile of old geezers and blue haired prunes...happens everywhere. Cops look for everything and anything to pull you over, so be cautious.

Welcome.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think the most noses in the air can be found in the Southlake and Trophy Club area (Just north of DFW airport). I lived in Grapevine for 4 years and went out with a girl from Southlake. Talk about snobby. Her and all of her friends were terrible. But the neighbors were way worse.
I guess it's because Southlake pays out the ass in taxes every year. I think it makes them feel better to be snobby about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts