Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'm about to snatch it up and find out...if it works then thats freakin awesome!!!

CCC

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Just went to the site...it'll be FEBRUARY when you get it...4-6weeks for shipping!!! Might as well wait!!!

CCC

·
Registered
727 Posts
Nope I saw it in Wal-Mart I think the otherday. This is the same as washing your car w/ distilled water though. Using tap water to wash the car is fine, however, if you let it dry on the car, the chemicals in water are what leave water spots. Using distilled prevents that, problem is, you have to go buy gallons of the [censored]. This jetdry deal is neat cuz is actually uses an inline filter. I want one!!! Probably pick up tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Wow, like, I think I see rainbows in the drying water. Are those things for real?
Yes, those are rainbows. They're caused by prism effects on the leading edge of the water as the sheet of water dries. If you still see them after your car is dry, you've spent far too long in the sun.
ROFL!

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
After reading this thread I happened to run across Mr. Clean Dry today being sold at my local Publix Supermarket for $19.99.I read the directions on the box but to be honest I thought it was rather pricey but then again it is a supermarket selling it so the price will always be much higher.

But if someone does buy and use it please post your comments and review of it for us.Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey everyone i just bought it today...and just used it, very quick and easy im just waiting to see if it all drys with no spots, so far looks really good to me. Even if it turns out to not work so well the California Waterblade and a regular wash is how i did it before

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hey everyone i just bought it today...and just used it, very quick and easy im just waiting to see if it all drys with no spots, so far looks really good to me. Even if it turns out to not work so well the California Waterblade and a regular wash is how i did it before
so... how did it turn out??

i saw these in an auto parts store yesterday and was tempted to buy it...

·
Registered
25 Posts
LOL oops forgot to post.... it turned out very well i thought, the only thing is i didnt wash all the soap off in a spot or 2 so there was a little ummm soapy film i guess you could call it....but i like it, saved me an hour of washing and drying... Only thing is the Rain Gods saw i washed it so it rained the very next day. So use the soap/water setting then scrub the car, then switch to the middle setting for rinsing it off well... then go to the filtered water setting to finish it off, then walk away, lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am wondering,
The Mr. Clean AutoDry requires that one purchase their washing solution. Could we substitute it with Zaino car wash solution without clogging it up? I'm asking cause I use Zaino on my car and it's car wash is supposed to lay some polymer protectant. The AutoDry solution also seems to lay a polymer protectant on the car.

My only concern with the AutoDry would be that if you don't wash the mitt in a small bucket to remove the grime that you wipe off the car, you might put a bunch of microscratches on the paint.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well i know it says to not use other soaps in it, cuz it will clog it but i bet you could without a problem.... As for using a mit and grime scratching the paint i hose the car of well before i even wash it so most of the large stuff is already gone when i wash it.

Ummmm as for laying down a Polymer protectant i dont know... im guilty of not reading the booklet it came with, lol. I just opened it put the soap in then the filter and hooked it to the hose and started washing the car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mr. Clean is the Man!

I bought one over the weekend while we were out of town and tried it on our Mazda 3. 15 minutes of washing with a mit, spray and walk away. I didn't clean the wheels but it was almost dusk.

It dried clean and nearly spotless. A couple of water spots on the mirrors, but I usually miss that much hand drying.

I'll have to try it with other soaps on the car first, then rinse using the water and see if that works. If it does I may drop other soap in and see what happens. The only thing I would be concerned about is the water to soap ratio potentially being different.

I'm impressed. Definately worth the $20.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Just picked up one myself.... I'm rather impressed. Except for the windows... still gotta do that the old fashioned way. And I think I'll stick to regular Meguiars soap... but other than that... the filtering properties alone are nice!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Works very well!! Washed the Black SVT and sat and watched it dry. Of course it was a perfect 50 degress here yesterday, but no spots on the black.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i just bought a starter kit from target $20.00, a ten use filter and more soap. im just waiting for a day off work so i can wash, wax and vac.
you know this is gonna change my whole routine

some one should invent
a hose attachment with a filter only that way we could stick to our soap&bucket but have a worry free dry.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts