Ford Focus Forum banner

Mr. Clean AutoDry

33K views 83 replies 65 participants last post by  taara-1 
OK, I'll post my opinion. I decided to give this kit a shot and am glad I did. First I clay bared my car, only cause it's been over a year. I then followed the directions on the car wash. I did notice that when I applied the soap and used a sponge to scrub the car down, the soap kinda did a sheeting action. Anyway, after soaping one area at a time, I followed with a real good rinse. After I completed each section I re-rinsed the completed sections keeping the whole car wet. After I completed the wash I finished using the final rinse which comes out in a sorta mist due to the filtration. I rinsed it down real well and then sat back and let it dry .... well almost. It was drying nicely but impatience got the best of me and I grabbed a towel and helped out the drying process. Most of the car was pretty dry by this time, so as I started wiping it down I looked closely at the areas I let dry on it's own and there were absolutely no water spots. When the wash was done and the car completely dry, I again looked for water spots and didn't see any, I also noticed that all the glass and mirrors came out very clean with no spots or streaks. I really like this stuff although I'll still jump in with a towel to speed things up. One thing I like about it is that in the past when I dried it by hand, there were always areas that still dried on it's own. And these areas always had water spots that were a PITA to remove, now I can either let it dry on it's own or lend a helping hand and either way will result in a spot free wash job.

hate it. The soap stripped all the wax and rain-x off my car. Rain x and wax was 2 days old. I like a strong soap but not that strong.
Hmmmm, I've been using it for a while now and it doesn't strip off my wax, and I wish it WOULD remove the rain-X.

I use it on my wifes van and my pick up. I would never use it on my SVTF ( Pitch Black). It leaves a film , but on the van and pick up its great because I just let it dry. If you use a good wax ,polish or glaze it won't dry spot free any more. I had just finished applying Zaino #2 to my car and had a little left over so I did my wifes van, the next time I used the Mr C autodry it didn't work. I think because of the Zaino it just kept beading up.
I keep my car waxed and use Mr. Clean AutoDry and never have any spotting, well at least till it's time to replace the filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.