Ford Focus Forum banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Internet = Serious Business
628 Posts
Hate to burst the bubble on this but it doesn't really work. The only thing that makes it "spot free" is the filters. The chemicals that are natural or added to water cause the spots. The filter removes these. I used to have spotting problems but the town switched water supplies and I put an inline filter on the hose line I haven't had a problem since. Just go to Home Depot and pick up an inline filter and you'll be set.

·
Banned
88 Posts
Well yes, um that is the point of it, whoever said it did anything more? we all know it doesnt leave spots because it filters out all the impurities, sure you can go to homedepot and buy an inline filter, but then you dont get it all in one package with the soap and purified water, and im sure the way the nozzle on mr clean sprays helps too. $20 isnt that big of a deal, id say go with mr clean. cant wait till i get mine for my birthday in a week, regular washing just leaves spots sometimes and it bothers me.
Kyle

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hate to burst the bubble on this but it doesn't really work. The only thing that makes it "spot free" is the filters. The chemicals that are natural or added to water cause the spots. The filter removes these. I used to have spotting problems but the town switched water supplies and I put an inline filter on the hose line I haven't had a problem since. Just go to Home Depot and pick up an inline filter and you'll be set.
yes, all of that might be true, however I think the soap they use has special polymers in it to further help with the "spotless" drying. Not to mention the nozzle on the Mr Clean device are specially designed for the final DryRinse - ever notice it comes out in a fine mist?

Otherwise it's a great product, I used it for my car and love it. I agree with Todd in that you might have to do an extra step for the windows/mirrors with some window cleaner. They have a $5 rebate thru July 11,2004 for this - only comes out to $14.99!

·
Registered
2 Posts
it work great for me ,it take me like 3 washes to realy learn how to used, but it realy work for me,especialy in the wheels,i have koning's holes in my zx3 and i love to see it dried for itself
,well later....

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
any other soap is too thick, it will clog it. The soap they provide is crap, it's the same consistency of water. I wet down my car, latherd it up with some Meguiars car shampoo, washed it down like that, THEN sprayed it with THEIR soap, washed that off, then dry rinsed it. Came out spotless.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I don't think I used it right, cause the top of my car was horrible and the hood was just as bad. Other than those 2 sections the rest of the car came out good. Well I also used the black magic spray detailer after seeing the hood and roof were so bad and then the car was officially clean

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hahah yeah I think I screwed up too. Any other soap does clog it, thinkin I was smart I put my blackfire soak in, it worked somewhat but the spotless rinse seemed very underpowered. I guess they package this stuff for a reason :-\

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
OK, I'll post my opinion. I decided to give this kit a shot and am glad I did. First I clay bared my car, only cause it's been over a year. I then followed the directions on the car wash. I did notice that when I applied the soap and used a sponge to scrub the car down, the soap kinda did a sheeting action. Anyway, after soaping one area at a time, I followed with a real good rinse. After I completed each section I re-rinsed the completed sections keeping the whole car wet. After I completed the wash I finished using the final rinse which comes out in a sorta mist due to the filtration. I rinsed it down real well and then sat back and let it dry .... well almost. It was drying nicely but impatience got the best of me and I grabbed a towel and helped out the drying process. Most of the car was pretty dry by this time, so as I started wiping it down I looked closely at the areas I let dry on it's own and there were absolutely no water spots. When the wash was done and the car completely dry, I again looked for water spots and didn't see any, I also noticed that all the glass and mirrors came out very clean with no spots or streaks. I really like this stuff although I'll still jump in with a towel to speed things up. One thing I like about it is that in the past when I dried it by hand, there were always areas that still dried on it's own. And these areas always had water spots that were a PITA to remove, now I can either let it dry on it's own or lend a helping hand and either way will result in a spot free wash job.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I went out and grabbed one today and DAMN! i just did a real quick wash and it worked really well. it was really nice to see and black car dry spot free! the only think i can complain about is that it seemed to use alot of soap, I dont know if i did it wrong or if its just soap happy. Even with that one camplaint i have to say it is probably the best 20 bucks i have spent in a long time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i have one of these things...and i sort of like it. i agree that the soap is weak, so i spray it on and usually have it mixed with something else. but i like the rinse setting. i have used it about 3 or 4 times now and it turns out better and better each time i use it. i usually spray from about a foot away to give it a light mist and ive had no problems yet.

·
Registered
974 Posts
does it work even if you have Mud and things of that sort?? peace

·
Registered
883 Posts
I don't think I used it right, cause the top of my car was horrible and the hood was just as bad. Other than those 2 sections the rest of the car came out good. Well I also used the black magic spray detailer after seeing the hood and roof were so bad and then the car was officially clean
I tried again and covered the sponge with the soap rather than just spraying the car, worked real good this time. As for drying I could'nt wait either and just did 80mph back to work, no spots when I arrived.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Just to let everyone know there is a $5 off coupon in todays Sunday paper coupon supplement or you can get one sent to you from www.autodry.com .

·
Registered
153 Posts
It works great. I use for my truck and my wifes van,when I don't have time,or should I say spent all my time on my car.
Its great when time is limited. I don't use it on my car because I use the car wash that came with my Menzerna kit.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts