Ford Focus Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
I used the AutoDry this weekend and I wasn't really impressed. I may just use it as a filter and use my Meguires wash. Do you think that work just as well???

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use AutoDry in combo w/ a very soft brush to scrub any dirt loose, then use the California Water Blade to wipe off any excess water and to get the windows nice and clean. Then I go around quickly with a damp shammy to get any drips from mirrors, grill, etc.

Takes me from start to finish less than 20 mins. I haven't tried letting it dry w/out wiping any water off, so can't attest to it's full functionality - but it works excellent enough where I won't use anything else for a while.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I used it twice, and didnt really like it very much. After washing the car felt really dirty and gritty. Ive switched back to Meguairs Deep Crystal.

·
O .
2,372 Posts
i used it like a week ago i think it sux i went through the entire beginner soap bottle, the paint felt real sticky and as soon as it rained it left waterspots like 10 times as bad so i got an expensive hose nozzle. damnit i'm gonna stick with meguires good ole meguires no7 paste wax

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Keep in mind,for those that aren't happy with Mr. Clean AutoDry you can return it for a full refund I think you have up to a full year but not 100% sure on that part.
Just make sure you saved your original receipt should you opt to do that.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Making this thread a Sticky since it's a popular item

Continue to post your reviews/likes/dislikes/tips

·
Registered
11 Posts
i hav been using it on my ride, and have been imppressed with it, i purchased a 14 use kit from bjs wholesale club, for $21 and it leaves my red ride spotless i give it 2 thumbs up

·
Registered
496 Posts
Might as well chime in. I was slightly interested as my water is very hard and I can't seem to avoid spots and heard a few positive reports. I'll be getting a new black car that I plan to be washing every week, and I seem to always be looking for new car car products. So I broke down and grabbed it.

I was really surprised, I didn't expect it to work THAT well.

And not just the spotless dry (and I have some bad hard water, I usually can't dry it fast enough), but the soap! I've never seen so much dirt on my sponge with a wax-safe soap!

Yes it will go through the included soap and filter quickly but the standard size refills are much larger. They're not that expensive, and VERY well worth the time and trouble saved.

I had a whole container of cleaning stuff. I no longer need my bucket, nozzle, soap bottle, water blade, three chamois, and can do the car in half the time.

Well worth the $15-20 if you ask me!

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey another person from somerville

·
Registered
3 Posts
What if you have a water softner in your home would that work to keep the water spots down??
I ask b/c my mom has one-might be woth the trip over there and wash the car and find out!!

·
I have a golden finger
1,834 Posts
i dig it...a lot less time then i usually spend, and the car looks as if i had spent the same amount of time i usually did...but i think i may have cheated a tad since i already have soft water

·
Registered
65 Posts
always leaves my zx3 looking like still black water. its great.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I love mine, but you gotta use their brand soap. It sucks paying $5 for like 12oz of soap, but I tried some generic auto soap, and didn't work at all. It got nice and clean, but no spotless dry. Oh well, lessons learned

·
Registered
883 Posts
I'm getting a 50/50 wash from it. Half the time it comes out really nice, than next time I get big water streaks. I still use the chamois when necessary and it all works out. It does work good enough for me not to return it though. Maybe it's just because the color of the cars
The main problem area is the hood on my black car.

·
Registered
497 Posts
hate it. The soap stripped all the wax and rain-x off my car. Rain x and wax was 2 days old. I like a strong soap but not that strong.

·
Registered
419 Posts
hate it. The soap stripped all the wax and rain-x off my car. Rain x and wax was 2 days old. I like a strong soap but not that strong.
I don't have that problem using Meguiar's Gold Class wax. It appeared to strip the wax off, but we had a light rain later that evening and all the water just beaded up like it had always done.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
We also sell this at my work, but it sells for $27 CDN, so its not a bad price compared to you guys US price. I think I will pick one up this weekend and give it a try.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Hmmmm, I've been using it for a while now and it doesn't strip off my wax, and I wish it WOULD remove the rain-X.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts