Ford Focus Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
ive been using this for a bit. on my forth-sixth wash ive noticed the car isnt drying enough. i end up having to finish it by hand. i left it sit in the sunshine for about a half an hour. nothing is working right now. is +18 - +23 degree C enough heat?

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
I tried this, used up the whole starter bottle on one wash and the water didn't even dry up...haha...so I used the water to claybar my car and hand washed it

Worth $20? maybe not. Minaswell buy $20 worth of carwash soap and towels.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Walked through autozone and saw it on display there. Read the box and bought it right on the spot. I gotta say, it pulled the dirt that I never knew that was there and the dry rinse is basically the water filter they use in that purina water filtration device you attach to your sink foset. It dried spotless as brand new. Been using it for about 2 months now, good stuff. Only problem is, it eats soap like a fat man to candy.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I use it on my wifes van and my pick up. I would never use it on my SVTF ( Pitch Black). It leaves a film , but on the van and pick up its great because I just let it dry. If you use a good wax ,polish or glaze it won't dry spot free any more. I had just finished applying Zaino #2 to my car and had a little left over so I did my wifes van, the next time I used the Mr C autodry it didn't work. I think because of the Zaino it just kept beading up.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I use it on my wifes van and my pick up. I would never use it on my SVTF ( Pitch Black). It leaves a film , but on the van and pick up its great because I just let it dry. If you use a good wax ,polish or glaze it won't dry spot free any more. I had just finished applying Zaino #2 to my car and had a little left over so I did my wifes van, the next time I used the Mr C autodry it didn't work. I think because of the Zaino it just kept beading up.
I keep my car waxed and use Mr. Clean AutoDry and never have any spotting, well at least till it's time to replace the filter.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
I tried this, used up the whole starter bottle on one wash and the water didn't even dry up...haha...so I used the water to claybar my car and hand washed it

Worth $20? maybe not. Minaswell buy $20 worth of carwash soap and towels.
First off I'm quoting you just as an example.

I'm the type of person who will never claybar anything, I just don't care enough. For me this Mr Clean AutoDry car wash means my car actually gets washed.

Sure the ads show folks who spend all day rubbing their car; however this is really for folks like me. This thing is saving me a grip.

$20 or so to start, refills of soap are about $5, filter are also about $5. The bottle of soap last me about 8 washes, the filters are good for about 2 (i've got real hard water)

I'm looking at $3-4 per wash vs. $10+ to take it to the car wash. You won't ever catch me with a bucket and chamois, I did that crap 15 years ago when I was still trying to impress people.

Basically if you claybar, wax, and hand wash with meguires this probably ain't for you. If you're like me and drive a dirty car for months because you're to lazy to even drive over to the car wash Mr. Clean is awesome.

·
Premium Member
12,229 Posts
Basically if you claybar, wax, and hand wash with meguires this probably ain't for you. If you're like me and drive a dirty car for months because you're to lazy to even drive over to the car wash Mr. Clean is awesome.
On the contrary, Mr. Clean is outstanding for those of us that really try to keep the car's paint in great condition; primarily because the only time you're touching the car is a bit of scrubbing after applying the soap. With a soft wash mitt, you're keeping swirl marks to a real minimum.

My method: rinse off the car, apply the Mr. Clean soap over the car, keep your wash mitt wet with a water bucket, scrub front to back on the hood and roof, and top to bottom on the sides (no circular motions during washing), rinse again, apply the auto-dry, and bust out the electric leaf blower. If you have a black car, you will thank me one day.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Personally I never use the soap that it comes with. I use a good car soap in a bucket with a very soft sponge so that it loosens THEN RINSE IT OFF WITH THE mR cLEAN aUTO DRY.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So a few weeks ago my brother used it on my car and it was good, then I used it two other times and then I noticed some weird spots on my mirrors... it flippin took the shinyness right off the plastic around my mirrors(the triangle piece) I didn't read the directions because my brother threw them away so I have no idea if I wasn't supossed to use it on plastic.. but yeah.. I'm sad now I have ugly mirrors

·
Registered
924 Posts
has anyone tried the mr.clean car eraser for cleaning brake dust off wheels

·
Banned
429 Posts
Well I just got the MrClean system and I am very impressed, expecally for the price. If you clean it the right way, top to bottom, a section at a time, the car SHINES! Wax it after and wow you have yourself a very nice looking car.

-Ryan

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was a little concerned when the resin changed color after the first wash. According to the "instructions" the resin was spent, but I didnt notice spots till the 3.5th wash with it. After finding the cartridges for $4 in town I would say Im happy with this particular Christmas present.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm just wondering for how many washes the filter and the soap is good?

Did anybody try the Magic Spray and wipe ? No hose just a bucket of water and a chamois needed and I can do it in the garage. No mess. It's not cheap, $9 for 1 qt, but it's good for 3 cars.

Works for the paint, glass and wheels. I need about 15 - 20 minutes for the car and 5 minutes for the wheels. :thumbup: No more hose :evilgrin:

here is the link www.carmagic.us

Happy cleaning :party:

·
Registered
38 Posts
To be honest, I find AutoDry Pro is a little B**S***. I had tried, following every single steps in the instruction, but the car just won't dry up. Even after it dries up, there are very tiny water spot.

But I kinda like the water blast (Rinse function). Therefore, I'm now using that thing to spray the car and rinse off the soap only. The rest of the steps, I just use regular auto soap and sponge to clean and of course towel to dry.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts