Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MSD ignition(DIS-2) factory reconditioned with a tach adapter. I was wondering how much I could auction it off for?

THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE POST JUST WANT OPINIONS ONLY PLEASE.
Also if this is in the wrong place I apologize.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I have no answer, just curious: how come you're getting rid of it?

I notice you have Magnecor wires. According to them, the real benefit to their wires is they get out of the way of performance ignitons.

What gives? Any insight would help in my future mods.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my main reason is i dont feel confident i can install this and screw up the ignition. dont wanna splice the wrong wires and mess something up

·
Registered
968 Posts
my main reason is i dont feel confident i can install this and screw up the ignition. dont wanna splice the wrong wires and mess something up
Contact MSD/Autotronics Ignitions. They will send you a new wiring manual, which has such indepth instructions, any newbie with a good automotive knowledge could install it. I have the old version of the manual, I will check to see if the pics are in there and the diagram for the DIS2. If they are, I will post them so the group can use as they wish.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what are some of the benefits of installing it, ive heard from people with other cars, has anyone installed it on a focus, if so, what good was it?

·
Registered
968 Posts
what are some of the benefits of installing it, ive heard from people with other cars, has anyone installed it on a focus, if so, what good was it?
Hotter spark, better fuel burn, the adjustablity of timing and rev limit. Plus the added benefit of putting nitrous or boost control in correlation with the ignition. Good benefits all the way around, IMHO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts