Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I'm tired of driving standard, but I love my cars sexy good looks, baby. How do I swap the manual for an auto!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:
trade ya trannies
(In Michigan)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">NO! I want to trade trannies! My arm is tired of not moving around, so now I want a MTX!

...then again, Shiva Chaos is closer to Texas...

[ 01-09-2003, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Hi-Risk ]

·
Registered
321 Posts
From what I hear the ATX is a POS when it comes to performance upgrades.. It can only handle up to 135lbs/tq. If you want I will trade you my ATX for your MTX

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tell you what guys, If anyone wants to go through with the trade, I have an ECU for an auto tranny Focus, and would be willing to trade it for your manual tranny ECU. I'm not too sure, but the wiring harness might need to be switched too due to the extra sensors, and I would be willing to trade that too. Other than that the trannies should bolt right up, oh and I have the flexplate you will need too. Removing the clutch should be real easy since it is hydralic, and putting in the new shifter and hooking it up shouldn't be that hard either. Let me know what you decide to do. Oh and if you feel the need to get rid of your manual tranny, you can toss it this way too. I wish I had the Auto to trade, but I know a guy who might be able to give you one for $200.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Well in addition to the transmission itself, you'd also need to transfer all wiring and get your PATS re programmed.

About a weekend of work I'd say

·
Registered
561 Posts
you might as well just trade your car in for a 2002 you can get them cheap now and with low interest. That wouldbe the easiest way to do it. I looked into doing this with my automatic for a manual and my monthly payments would have been the same for a 2002 zx3 as my 2000 zx3 payments. But I decided not to do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think it will be that hard. Like I said I have the ECU, wiring harness, and flexplate that you would need, and I would be willing to trade for your ecu and harness so there would be no extra charge there. I'm not sure what Shiva was tlaking about as far as the PATS though. I didn;t think there was another modues beside the ECU that controlled the tranny. but the wiring doesn't seem like it is that hard to transefer since there is onlt one harness that goes from the ECU to the engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i am up for a trade.

where is your town?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
IM IN TEXAS BITCHES!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
723 Posts
sh0velman- spring is just north of houston.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
why would you waste all that time swapping from an MTX to ATX??? the ATX in the focus sucks, ask anyone who has had or has one now, it's slow. i'm sure there are plenty of people willing to trade as they know what i am talking about. ATX sucks, don't waste your time and money. if you want it that bad trade in the car for a car with ATX already.

Nate

EDIT: read this!!! http://www.focaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=011066

[ 01-09-2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Bmorezx3 ]

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
lol someone give shovelman a cig b4 he kills someone

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, ok. I've sorted throught he criticism here, and I just don't get it. ATX owns in the fact that you can have a free hand while driving. I mean, who wouldn't want to do their coke while driving at 65 down the road. Besides that, you can hold your bottle in one hand, and the wheel in the other, all without having to worry about grabbing for your stick at the most inopurtune times. That, and it's not like you could get someone else to grab your stick for you, while driving in an MTX. There have to be some good things about an ATX.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by Phiber:
it's not like you could get someone else to grab your stick for you, while driving in an MTX.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
That is about the only thing an ATX is good for.. You can have someone grab your stick. Ya'll know what I am talkin about
(show her the O face)

Chris

[ 01-12-2003, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: SuperchargedSPI ]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would just like to say that although the stick is a bit hard to grab for the passenger, the clutch is even harder to press, unless the passenger would be on your lap. In which case they could press and grab at the same time. And even then, you could still have your coke and drink out of the bottle with a hand free. So maybe I'll stick with my MTX.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
lmfao

you're a dork

1 - 20 of 21 Posts