Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine told me that the stock v8 mustang's injectors would fit the focus, more specifically, the FR intake manifold. If its true I'm goin' for it

·
Registered
397 Posts
this is true i was running stock injectors from a mustang with stock manifold, they are 24lb injectors and i never had one problem with fitament at all

·
Registered
140 Posts
are they out of a 4.6l or 5.0l GT? or are they the same injectors for both?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I thought the GT injectors were 19lb injectors? Anyway they do fit the focus. I have 4 sitting in my garage. Just waiting on a MAF calibrated to those injectors.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Do you absolutely have to have the maf recalibrated to use the injectors? If you just put injectors in what happens? I ask because I have injectors and recal maf w/ af optimizer and it throws a cel. I have not run them with my stock maf, and am curious if I even can run them with the stock maf.

·
Registered
397 Posts
it will run with the stock mass air flow sensor fine, i had the pro-flow on mine still calibrated for swtock injectors then i put my stock mass air flow sensor back on, no problems at all

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping that I could get 30lb. injectors. I have a brand new custom head coming with a 11:1 compression ration and incredible gains. I should be pushing about 200hp more or less N/A. Does the SVT Cobra have larger injectors?

·
Registered
140 Posts
couldn't you just use the injectors and MAFS out of a cobra? then you wouldn't have to get anything calibrated. right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My cousin has a 2000 Mustang Gt.They are 19# injectors from ford,i was thinking of buying all 8 of his when he upgrades for my ZX2,but they have the same size.The MAF is larger though,we are gonna try that in the ZX2 to see how it works.

·
Registered
871 Posts
i have a lightning maf from a 99 for 24# or 42# and will be running that as soon as i get the inj.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Bacon, you still had the stock inj, I have the FR 36# inj. Can I still use my stock MAFS with these?

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Any time you change injector sizes you have to change the Mass Air calibration for that size injector

Just changing injector size will not make more HP and you should not need to change injectors till about the 150 to 160HP NA

Tom

·
Registered
52 Posts
99up Lightnings run 42# injectors and the 96-01 Cobras have 24# injectors. I don't know what 03 Cobras run.

MAFs are not calibrated for an injector they have a transfer function that has a specific voltage for a given CFM. If you have an engine making 500 hp (V8) you will need 42# injectors because of your airflow(CFM) needs to make 500hp. That airflow will then require a MAF that can support 1100CFM at 5.0volts.

When a MAF gets "recalibrated" for an injector they are just making 5volts equal a different airflow and assuming a lineal slope. Ideally, you would want to pick points off the curve and put them into a chip table.

Don't quote my cfm to hp numbers but hopefully you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I understand this from a performance aspect, as I stated I already have a the injectors. I also have a recal MAFS and the optimizer for it so I can adjust as needed. I am just curious if the car will run right with the stock MAFS. My aftermarket MAFS throws a MIL code for the voltage. When I have to go for emissions this year I would only rather replace the maf, and switch header without needing to change my fuel rail and injectors. I guess that I should have said that in the first place.

[ 03-07-2003, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: fast_focus_1 ]

·
Registered
871 Posts
42# is WAY too big right? should i go with 24#? would that be enough for ALL my hp needs?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts