Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Eastside Performance today for the CT Auto Events dyno day. It was a 9am-9pm event with free food.
I arrived later in the day but still met some good people, including autoXchick.

My Focus is a 6 month old 02 ZX3 5spd with 8k miles on her clock.

My mods are:

Kent cams
Kent cam gears (0,0)
Volant cool air intake
Ported T/B
Esslinger UDP
FC 4-2-1 race header w/flex pipe
Magnaflow exhaust w/resonator
Diablo LQF1 (1k idle, O2 sensor CEL removed)

DYNOJET 248C Results:

151.4 fwhp @6800 rpm
137.1 fwtq @4600 rpm

The car pulls hard all the way to 6800 rpm, and still has torque.
(Note: dyno graph has 2 different scales)
larger pic

[ 01-19-2003, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Focuz 3 ]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hmm, that is an interesting dyno. So you don't have any work done to your cylinder head or a ported intake manifold of any kind?

It just seems weird because I had very similar mods for awhile, well heres what I had:

Volant CAI
Pro-M 70mm MAF
FC 65mm T/B
Esslinger UDP
Findanza cam gears
FC 4-2-1 Race header w/flexpipe
Yo dude 2.5" cat-back
Crower stage 2+3 cams
Superchip (custom programmed)

Thing is, my car made 146 whp @ 6600
and 138 wtq @ 4500. So I guess my question is how did your car make more power?

Also, my car pulled all the way to 7100 RPM but your dyno seems to die off at 6800.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
somethin's wrong here....not callin bs, but ur graph isnt right (could b better or worse). ur hp and tq curves didnt cross at 5250. their supposed 2.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
somethin's wrong here....not callin bs, but ur graph isnt right (could b better or worse). ur hp and tq curves didnt cross at 5250. their supposed 2.

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The Hp and Tq are not on the same scale. Look again.

·
Registered
560 Posts
very very nice numbers~~~
if my engine is as good as yous, then i only need to port my T/B and cams to get into 150??
but i don't think my engine can do that..

good job man

oh one question though, i thought we have to custom program a chip if we get cams? right?
coz my chip does the same as yous (1k idle, and removed o2 sensor CEL) then does that mean i don't have to re-program the chip if i get cams?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The difference in the 5hp could many things. Weather, altitude, temp. of the dyno room, how hot the motor was. It could be anything. Also with your numbers only being off by that little, it could very well be the balancing from the factory. Let's admit, the Zetec engine isn't exactly a motor that Ford would make sure was perfectly balanced before it left the factory.

·
Registered
598 Posts
This is not his Actual Horsepower!!!!!!!!

If you look on any Dyno graph to the left it will say SAE horsepower.....

If you notice, his says Actual Horsepower.....This means that the outside condtion play no role in the outcome of the hp reading....When I dyno like that I had 151hp also.....He has a little bit under that.....Still great numbers though

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MalibuBlueZx3 This was the first time I had ever been to a dyno. I didn't even think about the SAE correction factor. I'll have to stop down at the shop and talk to the dyno operator about this. Or maybe find a new place to dyno at.

What gear are you guys using for your dyno pulls?

Rob M. The guy that was running my car let off the gas before 7k

UltegraSTI I too noticed that the hp & tq did not cross at 5250, until I looked at the scale used. So I made a note of the scale at the bottom of my post.

YEL-ZX3 As far I know you do not need a chip for cams. I have the Z-motor mount and no cat, so I pick up a chip.

cRaZySHO88 The car sat outside for about 1hr before it was hooked up. Also it was like 15* outside. COLD.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am still a little bit confused about your dyno. I think what Malibubluezx3 said may be correct, I checked my dyno plots also and sure enough it says what his says on the side of the sheet where as yours says something different.

I am interested in your cams specs though, could you send me that info please, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rob M. I don't know what the cam spec's for my Kent Cams are. Focus Sport does not give out that info.

I also think that the numbers should be a little lower, then what the graph is reading. After driving it for 2 days, it feels more like mid 140's. I'm goning to try and get back to that shop soon and have it dyno'd again. But this time SAE corrected.

I'm sorry if I created any confusion, I did not mean to mislead anyone. I did not notice that it was not SAE corrected.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
its those kent cams, they are prettyy agressive

BUT damn thats alot of power with NO headpackage, VERY VERY good numbers

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
its those kent cams, they are prettyy agressive

BUT damn thats alot of power with NO headpackage, VERY VERY good numbers
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">SAE!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts