Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've decided on three options I have for upgrading my headlamps and taillamps in my 2003 Twilight Blue ZX3, and I would appreciate Opinions/ideas/suggestsion

Option 1 is the cheap option:
Carbon fiber altezza's off Ebay and Matrix halo "projectors" off EBAY. It would run me about 260 bucks and in my opinions look better than stock, with the black and carbon fiber going nicely with the blue. Eventually I would upgrade to better headlamps and taillamps....

Option 2:
ST170's with the eyebrow thing on Indy's site
The Smoked Aftermarket European taillights on Indy's site

This would be a bit more expensive but would look great...
Of ourse I dont know anything about the ST170's, do they require modification and will they fit my car? Then I could throw a euro grill in there and get rid of my hideous grill...

Option 3 is morette dual headlamps with turn signal and morette tails.... these are like 600 for headlights and 300 for tails...plus painting them...a bit expensive.

I'm leaning towards option 2 which is my favorite right now.
How much will ST170's cost total? Would they fit a stock US ZX3? How much work is needed to install them? Do they come in black housing? Anyone put the eyebrows on them from indy's site?

LOL a lot of questions I know but this is a big decision for me lol

Thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
well unless your car came with HID's you will have to make a wiring harness for them.

the follow the instructions found in the "everything you need to know about MACH HID's"
they use the same connector

the euro tail lights will also need custom wiring

you are also better off with the Hella 3 way lights then the morette's

also you are much better off with the Hella 3 way headlamps then the morrets

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
OK, I've decided on three options I have for upgrading my headlamps and taillamps in my 2003 Twilight Blue ZX3, and I would appreciate Opinions/ideas/suggestsion

Option 1 is the cheap option:
260 bucks Eventually I would upgrade to better headlamps and taillamps....
I think this is the MOST expensive option in the long run! because your paying $260 now plus the cost of option 2 or 3 whenever you finally do change the lights. Just do things right the first time! No point in "saving money" by doing things twice.

·
Registered
733 Posts
also you are much better off with the Hella 3 way headlamps then the morrets
Why is that?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very true lol. I just want some instant gratification lol.
What do you guys like better...the ST170's or the hella triple beams? For tailllights I think I'm just gonna go with some APC's for now until I decide on what I really want but for headlights I think I'm going to go with the ST170's and then replace my grills on the top and bottom. Also add in some euro foglights and It'll look pretty sweet. Thanks...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Very true lol. I just want some instant gratification lol.
What do you guys like better...the ST170's or the hella triple beams?
Choose for yourself! I want my car to look the way I want it too, not the way somebody on a message board does.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So do I but I can't decide LOL....I love both looks...
But I'm leaning towards the ST170's right now because they are cheaper and I love the whole city lights thing. Do they come in black housing as opposed to just the grey?

·
Registered
751 Posts
So do I but I can't decide LOL....I love both looks...
But I'm leaning towards the ST170's right now because they are cheaper and I love the whole city lights thing. Do they come in black housing as opposed to just the grey?
You could paint the inner housing black. I know Bluetoy has done this on his Euro 2002's, which are the same as ST170's besides the color.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts