Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got caught in a sudden down pour and the roads were flooded and I hit a huge puddle and water sprayed everywhere. When I got out I reached down and felt that the filter was wet. I'm not too worried about it having sucked up any water, but I was wondering if it needs to be recharged with the filter oil?

·
Registered
950 Posts
I would think this would be a good time to clean and reoil.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
#1 reason i never got that kit. On a honda they have that plastic underneath to keep the filter more inclosed. The focus is to open. Florida gets mad rain, and i hate having to worry about my car when i drive it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hahaha, yeah same thing happend to me yesterday! Its all good bud, that oil stays on there, mine wasn't too wet, and hell its good for it (water evap in the intake has a cooling effect thus more power!) Dont worry none of that stuff made it to the engine, you'll be fine. The only thing you need to even think twice about is dunking the filter...but if that happens...well...you've got other issues

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
no need to re-oil unless it's already time.

no probs with it wet either.. only if submerged and u don't have a bypass valve... i had it, it rains here and i never worried nor had problems.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I have the AEM CAI, and I worry about the water alot, even though I have the bypass valve. When I got in a wreck last year my radiator got punctured and Anti-Freeze went all over the filter, it didn't do anything, but it scared the hell out of me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts