Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah, those are speed holes, they make the car go faster. Yeah, that's the ticket.

That's my dad's eyeball looking at me. He'd never seen a engine you could see though. I was like, "it's air cooled, keeps it cooler that way."

Here's us pulling it out of the engine bay after a lot of work. Don't ask us how we got it out from the top, I don't recommend it. You have to take off the passengerside axle so you can angle the tranny enough to pull the engine out.

Here's a look from the back. That took out my rear engine/axle bracket and I had to get a new one. Rod number 3 let go and just spirled out the front and back of the block. Luckily it looks like it only damnaged my spark plug and didn't damnage the head so I might be able to salvage the head.

Here's a look from the front. The walls of the Zetec are like paper. 4 degrees timing made all the difference. Hopefully within a few weeks my new engine will be in and I'll be running 200whp.

It's a stock Zetec engine with just a new clutch disk and timing and accessory belt, can't afford to do any more build up. I'll only run nitrous with race gas at the track,to insecure to run it on pump gas now. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
looks like the motor I bought from a junkyard a while back
(I bought it fot the head, only paid $50)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts