Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once I have installed my sportlines and pro dampers, My 17's where wearing bad on the inside on the back, so then I got it aligned and put my stock 15's back on for now.
Now I have noticed that in the of my back tires are wearing first I check the pressure it said 30psi and tires call for 36. It doesn't make sense to me, I would think that the tires where over inflated but they are 6 PSI lower than what the tire calls for.
Any body have any Ideas.
The alignment shop said I did not need a camber kit. But who knows.
any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry forget the word center. In center of the tires is where they are wearing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Excess wear in the center of the tire is a sign of over-inflation. verify you are getting a good reading from your tire gauge. Ask your tire pro to check it for you or just get another tire gauge and check them against one another.

·
Registered
795 Posts
You might also wanna take it easy on the drifting for a while...

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
The wear your seeing is most likely due to the lowering of the car, a camber kit will help. Although the alignment shop say's it's OK a camber kit should help your situation. Ford has a pretty broad spec's on the alignment, so it may be within specs but at the the outer end of the parameters. I dropped both of our Foci the exact same amount and both checks within specs, but mine wore the tires out on the inside but Kathy's did fine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok great maybe i will put my camber kit on. I bought it before I got it aligned in case I needed it but they said I didn't so it sits in the box in my trunk, (no good there. lol)
I have the eibach camber for the rear, any body no where I can find installation instructions for it. I have an Idea on how but just wanted to make sure. Did a search but no luck. maybe not looking hard enough though. I did the rest of the suspension myself, would like to continue with the same.
But thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yeah why put spend the money on a good suspension if your not going to fun with it. Drifting fun. Hell on brakes and tires though.
but it wouldn't explain the wear on these tires since I didn't once with these ones, YET!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts