Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TEAM Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some volunteers to visit this link and give me feedback on the video clip.

Does it work? Are the colors crappy? Size/resolution OK? Let me know. IMO, what I got was not too bad for a 640x480 video clip at 57 seconds. Based on feedback, I can get started on the other clips.

Right now, I only have a clip of Luke doing the intro Auto-X run for your consumption.

Requirements: DiVX 5.x (.avi)
Clip Size: 11.3MB

Click Here to Get Video

Once again, thanks to Greg (Gutted_Hatch) for pointing my camera at the goodies at JetFest!

Edit - added Greg Clip. I gotta do some sort of montage and stick that in the beginning

·
Car Photo God!
4,292 Posts
Re: My belated JF Video

I need some volunteers to visit this link and give me feedback on the video clip.

Does it work? Are the colors crappy? Size/resolution OK? Let me know. IMO, what I got was not too bad for a 640x480 video clip at 57 seconds. Based on feedback, I can get started on the other clips.

Right now, I only have a clip of Luke doing the intro Auto-X run for your consumption.

Requirements: DiVX 5.x (.avi)
Clip Size: 11.3MB

Click Here to Get Video

Once again, thanks to Greg (Gutted_Hatch) for pointing my camera at the goodies at JetFest!
Everything seems really good
Really digging it man. Has this awesome feel to it I can't put my finger on it though.

·
I see what you did there.
1,608 Posts

right click save as

·
I see what you did there.
1,608 Posts

not bad Carl

·
TEAM Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I would suspect a DNS issue, probably - as I can DL the file now, and when I remote connect to my work PC, I can get it there. I might not be able to fix this issue... yet.

Also, BlckXenonZx3 - I can send you my 8mm DV tapes - if you can use 'em. I got all I need copied to my computer (25GB) so I have everything I need to play with.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts

All I got was audio. I'll try dl-ing it again see if that works.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts

Worked great for me, dl'ed quick, played nice and clearly.

·
Registered
438 Posts

Carl played good for me. Cool vid of Luke! For those that couldn't see it... I used to have problems before I got the latest updates for my player and the latest Div-x drivers. That should clear it up. if not,

Carl, I think the "cool feel" is probably the contrast/brightness settings (kinda like music videos do sometimes). For too many clips that might get tired and hard on the eyes, but on the one clip I admit it is "cool"
I cant wait to see more.

·
Car Photo God!
4,292 Posts

Carl played good for me. Cool vid of Luke! For those that couldn't see it... I used to have problems before I got the latest updates for my player and the latest Div-x drivers. That should clear it up. if not,

Carl, I think the "cool feel" is probably the contrast/brightness settings (kinda like music videos do sometimes). For too many clips that might get tired and hard on the eyes, but on the one clip I admit it is "cool"
I cant wait to see more.
It defianetly is a very rich quality, I watched it a few more times. That red deffianetly pops and with the bit of pixelation you get in combination with contrast and little sky detail it retains your focus on what's going on. I LOVE IT!

·
TEAM Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Wow! Neat description of the coloring I used on the video.

I had just fired up Vegas 6.0 for the first time and it has a few extra options to play with. The original video clips are a tad over-exposed. That's always a problem because under normal light, it's near impossible to tell with the viewfinder or the LCD on my old Sony DV.

Well, I did three things in particular, but I forget one of them. In a nutshell, it was kinda like a partial desaturation, then extra saturation after adjusting these randon luminance settings (I forget) and then doing brightness/contrast.

Ok, I will try to assist those who have audio only (no surprise, since the audio track is 128kbps mono MP3). Please make sure that you have the latest DiVX codecs installed:

PC Users (WIN2K/XP):
DiVX Play Bundle (Version 6)

Mac Users:
DiVX (Version 5.21)

My video was encoded with version 5.21 of DiVX, so at least that version or higher (6) should take care of the video. In fact, since I do not have DiVX at work, I am installing it as I write this...

And installing the DiVX codec above did the trick for me!

After seeing the clip on this monitor (major downgrade from my Dell 24" Wide LCD) it seems as if I desaturated everything but only left the orange/reds and greens on! Maybe I'll kick up the bitrate later to clear some of the pixelation.

·
TEAM Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

New DiVX Clip Ready... Kinda got carried away with a particular effect - so I decided to roll with it, anyway

First Round Auto-X Simple Montage (27.3MB) Runtime: 2 Minutes 13 Seconds

EDIT...

Since I can't post a reply, please check out these MPEG alternatives:

Luke's Intro Run on the Auto-X (21.3MB, 512 x 384)

First Round Auto-X Simple Montage (34.6MB, 512 x 384)

Sorry for the incompatibilities, everyone. These MPEGs should be pretty cooperative

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

im still getting audio but oh well i dont care i downloaded divix i guess i will just have to wait

kyle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts