r/t--.523
60'--2.382
330--7.054
1/8--11.065
mph--60.98
1000--14.556
1/4--17.565
mph--74.14

this was with a bad tps sensor, and what turned out to be a collapsed cat three days after racing. i got rid of the cat and added a kamikaze header and bosal flexpipe. my best and only times before this was 16.4 last year. now that i got the car fixed i can't wait to run it again. maybe next weekend at maple grove.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Well, no offense to you, your car looks great. BUT, all the fancy body kits and wings and heavy aftermarket rims are just that HEAVY!!! Added weight slows a vehicle down, doesnt matter WHAT kind of power adders or bolt ons you have. From what I am learning of the Foci and their Zetec engines is that you have to make quite a few bolt on purchases before you see any real power gains. Besides adding more than you have now in the bolt on dept, you have no where else to go but to FI or the juice to make it move. Also, there is a HUGE corelation between how you drive it at the track, and the times you run. If you drive it like you drive it hard on the street, mediocre times at best. If you drive you arent afraid to break it, or "drive it like you stole it", your times will dramatically decrease. Shifting quicker, shifting in the 5000rpm area before the drop off in power happens, actually shifting gears without letting go of the gas pedal,etc...you get my drift.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Thing with Zetecs are that there are SPECIFIC parts that have to be touched in ordered to see worthy gains.

UDP's (AF/X has offered the most gains from my observations..at the track, not dyno), PORTED 2k intakes, race headers and possibly cam gears will do a WORLD of a difference for a Focus Zetec.

It's a huge trend over here on FJ to look toward common intakes and exhausts for power. BUt no one seems to get specific on the Zetec. Not to say they don't add any power, because they do; just that they won't help out significantly on otherwise stock engines.

Also, Zetecs aren't as efficient as many of the other motors out on the market. The intake manifolds are super weak and the head is a very "roughly" done factory head.
I like to think of the Zetec as a very 'raw' engine...in that it was just put together to run and meet requirements but wasn't made to run anywhere near it's best. That's why there's so much potential on the Zetec, so many areas to improve on. But unfortunately, those areas tend to be much more specific than just the bolt-on accessories.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did any of you asswipes read what i wrote. i ran a 16.4 last year. Went to run this year and could only pull a 17.**
It was because i had a collasped cat and a bad tps sensor so with those fixxed i hope to break into the 15.**'s tomorrow. but really thanks for the positive encouragement.
I mean if you make it look good they rag on you for not racing or autocrossing. try to do booth and still nothing but b.s.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Did any of you asswipes read what i wrote. i ran a 16.4 last year. Went to run this year and could only pull a 17.**
It was because i had a collasped cat and a bad tps sensor so with those fixxed i hope to break into the 15.**'s tomorrow. but really thanks for the positive encouragement.
I mean if you make it look good they rag on you for not racing or autocrossing. try to do booth and still nothing but b.s.
Thats funny...why post it if your times are bad then (in your mind)
We were just conversing...not offending.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i was just posting my other times like r/t which got alot better. I also ran today and i got a best time of 16.14

·
Registered
968 Posts
1. I am not bs'n you by any means, just stating plain facts, added weight slows down a vehicle, bottom line.
2.As to being an asswipe, F you, dont ask for advice if you dont want some input to your problem.
3. I complimented you on your car [censored], I wasnt knocking it.
4. You are never gonna get quicker, or have better tree times if you only track race ONE time a year.
5. People like you are why others hate to give input, as you take what they say and get defensive about it. Refer to #2 AGAIN.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i didn't ask for advise!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts